Page 62 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 214  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 4:34 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Nice contrast, speaks for itself. You call it stupid but that's not what most people think.

You have no idea what most people think, only what you think.

and you do?

You are the only one here claiming to know what most people think

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 4:49 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Yeah, she certainly seems to really love Germany.

Better that looking like a idiot hugging a flag.

I love that picture of Trump hugging the flag. I'm sure if it was Obama (or anyone else for that matter who isn't Republican), you would have no problem with it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 4:53 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Love this image of President Trump with the American flag. 8)

Too bad he never opened an American history textbook.

I like this image even better.
Thanks for inspiring me to post it, androbot01. :)

That picture makes me want to cry because it tells so much truth. I saved it immediately to my screensaver. :mrgreen:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 4:57 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Tollorin wrote:

Me, TOO!! Instantly, Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" started playing, in my head.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 5:03 pm

nurseangela wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

That picture makes me want to cry because it tells so much truth. I saved it immediately to my screensaver. :mrgreen:

Very interesting how Bush is on "their" side. They sure have that one right - he's a turncoat.

Darn, I flunked.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 9:26 pm

I came to check if anyone responded to my last post, and it appears they deleted it.

I don't think I violated any rules.

If I did, well, I didn't receive any email telling me so, so I can learn from my mistakes.

One user here wanted my words censored because he imagined I said a bunch of stuff I did not say. However, he did not ask for a prior post with the same content to be censored -- the one I responded too, because he agrees with those words.

So, the mods appear to arbitrarily censor posts.

PS: I know what I wrote verbatim, so if there was an error I can re-make the response verbatim.

I will repost this on that Dox-created conservative angst thread Alex was looking at.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 9:42 pm

Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

People that have studied American history would know Trump is a quintessentially American character, you can compare him presidents like Andrew Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt. Trump definitely knows history better than the 9th circuit apparently since the law is clear as day.

Jackson was a genocidal psycho, while Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't tolerate being in the same room with Trump. Roosevelt wasn't a lying braggart, or shill for the big corporations. He had gained the antipathy of big business with his trust busting and government regulations, and would have considered Trump something to wipe off the bottom of his show, considering how orange Mussolini wants to kill environmental and business regulation, and strip animals off the endangered species list.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 9:50 pm

nurseangela wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Very interesting how Bush is on "their" side. They sure have that one right - he's a turncoat.

As far as "their side" is concerned, I notice the artist seems to think that the New Deal and civil rights were a bad thing, as both FDR and Lyndon Johnson are on "their side."

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 10:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
What the Pope said essentially is, religions don't carry out acts of terror, just maniacs and fanatics using religion as a pretext. As always, Breitbart purposely misunderstands a statement in order to misrepresent the meaning.

Sorry, but Breitbart also referred to what the pope wanted to say with it. However they also point out it could also be interpreted as denying the existence of terrorism with an Islamic justification/rationalisation. In other words the unintended meaning. And yes, the author in the rest of article goes with that interpretation for the rest of the article.

Also reading Francis his speech :

Quote:
No people is criminal or drug-trafficking or violent.

So the people of ISIS are not violent. Once again probably an unintended meaning, but they can hardly be called 'fundamentalist and violent individuals'. However it just shows again that at least part of his speech is ambiguous and could have multiple meanings.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 10:46 pm

Sigbold wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What the Pope said essentially is, religions don't carry out acts of terror, just maniacs and fanatics using religion as a pretext. As always, Breitbart purposely misunderstands a statement in order to misrepresent the meaning.

Sorry, but Breitbart also referred to what the pope wanted to say with it. However they also point out it could also be interpreted as denying the existence of terrorism with an Islamic justification/rationalisation. In other words the unintended meaning. And yes, the author in the rest of article goes with that interpretation for the rest of the article.

Also reading Francis his speech :

Quote:
No people is criminal or drug-trafficking or violent.

So the people of ISIS are not violent. Once again probably an unintended meaning, but they can hardly be called 'fundamentalist and violent individuals'. However it just shows again that at least part of his speech is ambiguous and could have multiple meanings.

ISIS isn't the people the Pope was referring to, I'm sure, as that's a criminal terrorist organization. Instead, he doubtlessly meant not all Syrians and Iraqis are violent, if you want to apply what he said to ISIS.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 11:11 pm

Americans brimming with optimism on the economy. https://tiny.iavian.net/fcvn

Woo Hoo! Woo Hoo! :mrgreen: GO BIG T (x3)!

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 11:25 pm

This is me.

Trump supporters see a successful president — and are frustrated with critics who don’t. https://tiny.iavian.net/fcym

From the article :

"Those who journeyed to Trump’s Saturday evening event on Florida’s Space Coast said that since the election, they have unfriended some of their liberal relatives or friends on Facebook. They don’t understand why major media outlets don’t see the same successful administration they have been cheering on. And they’re increasingly frustrated that Democrats — and some Republicans — are too slow to approve some of the president’s nominees and too quick to protest his every utterance."

“They’re stonewalling everything that he’s doing because they’re just being babies about it,” said Patricia Melani, 56, a Jersey native who now lives here and attended her third Trump rally Saturday. “All the loudmouths? They need to let it go. Let it go. Shut their mouths and let the man do what he’s got to do. We all shut our mouths when Obama got in the second time around, okay? So that’s what really needs to be done.”

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 11:34 pm

Laura Ingraham considering running for Kaine's seat. I listen to her on the radio all the time. :mrgreen:

Laura Ingraham: I'm considering Senate run against Kaine. https://tiny.iavian.net/fcw6

Darn, I flunked.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 11:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ISIS isn't the people the Pope was referring to, I'm sure, as that's a criminal terrorist organization. Instead, he doubtlessly meant not all Syrians and Iraqis are violent, if you want to apply what he said to ISIS.

And people can include members of a terrorist organisation. As in the people who are part of ISIS, and it still would a correct English phrase. And you could still not describe them as individuals as the pope does.

And do you think that if someone said that the people of the KKK are violent, that he meant to say that all Americans are violent.

And far as I see the point also remains that the text of the pope in that in regard is ambiguous and could mean more then one thing.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 11:37 pm

Internet-Regulating FEC Commissioner to Resign. https://tiny.iavian.net/fcv2

Praise the Lord! Leave Drudge alone!

From the article:

"Ann Ravel, who wanted to regulate political speech on the internet from websites such as the Drudge Report, announced Sunday that she is stepping down from her post."

Darn, I flunked.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 11:39 pm

^ Self-draining swamp.

There Are Four Lights!