Page 159 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 214  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 9:21 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
No, sorry, I am not arguing this.

As an ASD person, I like memorizing information.

That is enjoyment for me.

Translation: Nothing supports your claim but admitting so would represent a loss of face. Image

I also enjoy memorizing information, but I prefer to memorize correct information.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:11 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Translation: Nothing supports your claim but admitting so would represent a loss of face. Image

I also enjoy memorizing information, but I prefer to memorize correct information.

penalty for unnecessary roughness.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:21 pm

cathylynn wrote:

This isn't The Haven. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:46 pm

cathylynn wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Threads on Trump bring out the best in everyone...

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 5:46 am

Can we get back to wondering what the hell is wrong with people who hope that I get killed in a nuclear disaster along with them?

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2017, 8:29 am

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 4:24 pm

I'm really scared. This came out today :

"California Is Already Preparing for a North Korean Nuclear Attack"

From the article :

Noting the heightened North Korean threat, the Los Angeles-area Joint Regional Intelligence Center issued a bulletin last month warning that a nuclear attack on Southern California would be “catastrophic” and urged officials in the region to shore up their nuclear attack response plans.

The 16-page “Nuclear Attack Response Considerations” bulletin is dated Aug. 16 and marked for “official use only.” It was circulated last month to Los Angeles-area local, state, and federal agency personnel and also throughout the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies across the country.

In a section on “radiation protection basics,” the report offers a primer on what to do during a nuclear attack. “Lie face down and place hands under the body to protect exposed skin,” it recommends. “Remain flat until the heat and shock waves have passed.”

The public will need to evacuate, the report says, but with “limited understanding of radiation risks, they will experience high anxiety and may be non-compliant.”

Challenges with contamination spread by pets and through clothing are among the many public health and logistical coordination issues spelled out for potential emergency responders.

“The consequences of a nuclear attack in Southern California would be catastrophic,” the report says. “Nonetheless, government entities and first responders are expected to remain operational to preserve human life, maintain order, and aid in the recovery process.”

The report, which is largely directed at local, state, and federal agencies and first responders located in the Los Angeles region, notes that the federal government will likely be of limited help immediately after a nuclear blast.

“[T]here will be no significant federal assistance at the scene for 24-72 hours following the attack,” the bulletin says.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 4:31 pm

And this :

"North Korea accuses US of declaring war, says it has right to shoot down bombers."

From the article :

North Korea's foreign minister on Monday accused President Donald Trump of declaring war, saying that gives the rogue regime the right to shoot down U.S. strategic bomber.

Pyongyang could target planes even when they are not flying in North Korean airspace, Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho told reporters in New York.

"The whole world should clearly remember it was the U.S. who first declared war on our country," he said.

Later Monday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said "we have not declared war on North Korea," calling the suggestion "absurd."

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:39 pm

There's an obvious reason it's not worth trash talking rogue states. Same goes for diplomatic statements not USUALLY reading like YouTube comments.

By this point the U.S. is basically another rogue state anyway. We need to admit the DPRK has just as much right to this nonsense as we do, before people die over a Twitter flame war.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:41 pm

Nice way to sum it up: people dying in a Twitter flame war. It's come to this. Headdesk.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:51 pm

Politicians who feign toughness are always the most brittle.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:57 pm

not limited to politicians. :|

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 2:27 pm

cberg wrote:
There's an obvious reason it's not worth trash talking rogue states. Same goes for diplomatic statements not USUALLY reading like YouTube comments.

By this point the U.S. is basically another rogue state anyway. We need to admit the DPRK has just as much right to this nonsense as we do, before people die over a Twitter flame war.

I wouldn't want you as our President. There's a word for acting the way that you want to act toward these rogue states who are wanting to abuse the privilege of having nuclear weapons - the word starts with a "PUS-"
PUSHOVER. (What word did you think I was going to say?) :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 2:56 pm

nurseangela wrote:
cberg wrote:

I wouldn't want you as our President. There's a word for acting the way that you want to act toward these rogue states who are wanting to abuse the privilege of having nuclear weapons - the word starts with a "PUS-"
PUSHOVER. (What word did you think I was going to say?) :mrgreen:

speak softly and carry a big stick - teddy roosevelt

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 3:12 pm

sooooo....what happens after we "destroy north korea"?

do we give the land to the south, to china? i don't think china wants a NATO ally and big US fan right at their doorstep. is it internationally administered? if anything, it's probably super fertile since norks can't into agriculture and feeding themselves.

where do the millions of citizens go? it's certainly gonna be very difficult and lengthy to assimilate millions of developmentally stunted short brainwashed people. a task i doubt many are eager to take up.

do we try doughboy, or just have him hanged right there.....

i know i said this before, but it genuinely bugs me how little foresight i'm seeing at least here :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
sooooo....what happens after we "destroy north korea"?

do we give the land to the south, to china? i don't think china wants a NATO ally and big US fan right at their doorstep. is it internationally administered? if anything, it's probably super fertile since norks can't into agriculture and feeding themselves.

where do the millions of citizens go? it's certainly gonna be very difficult and lengthy to assimilate millions of developmentally stunted short brainwashed people. a task i doubt many are eager to take up.

do we try doughboy, or just have him hanged right there.....

i know i said this before, but it genuinely bugs me how little foresight i'm seeing at least here :skull:

It's 200 years too early to start asking who should use the land.