Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm

Today we got the official name of the next episode in the Trilogy. 325 days to go till December 15th *waiting patiently*

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 4:07 pm

I like the title. It's very simple.

Here is a link to an article as to what the title implies.

http://www.fandango.com/movie-news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-the-official-title-of-episode-viii-751834

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 4:31 pm

Must be referring to Luke. I can hardly wait.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 4:50 pm

The Force Awakens was a damn good movie with strong characters and best of all in regards to The Last Jedi, Ryan Johnson is the writer/director. Looper was a great sci-fi movie and I can hardly wait for the first trailer for The Last Jedi to be released! :D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 1:46 am

Gotta see it!! !! !!

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 1:00 pm

I hope that Disney decides to dedicate this movie to Carrie Fisher. I feel it would be a great respect to the character she brought to life and what she has done with talking about mental health. I am happy I'll be able to see her on the big screen one last time.

On that topic, I am curious to know what Disney plans to do about General Leia and her future in the franchise.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 5:41 pm

^^
Disney and Lucas-Film have both stated in many interviews that CG will not be used to recreate Carrie Fisher.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 7:07 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
^^
Disney and Lucas-Film have both stated in many interviews that CG will not be used to recreate Carrie Fisher.

I wonder how they'll handle Fisher's death? Get a different actor, and hope no one notices?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 7:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^

I wonder how they'll handle Fisher's death? Get a different actor, and hope no one notices?

They'll either tweak scenes in Episode 8, or have her exit in Episode 9. Leia will either retire from war or die. I'm starting to doubt Disney will kill Leia though, that would be too raw for some people considering Carrie Fisher is actually dead. I bet she retires from the resistance, shes earned it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 8:16 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^

They'll either tweak scenes in Episode 8, or have her exit in Episode 9. Leia will either retire from war or die. I'm starting to doubt Disney will kill Leia though, that would be too raw for some people considering Carrie Fisher is actually dead. I bet she retires from the resistance, shes earned it.

Universal Pictures recreated Paul Walker for Furious 7, the 2015 film in The Fast & The Furious franchise, but IMHO, I highly doubt Disney and Lucas-Film will do what Universal did because Fisher will still be a legend forever.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 12:07 am

I was aware of them not wanting to use CGI, what I meant was how they would handle her character's departure from the series.

I doubt they will recast. Unless they could get the Kaminoans to clone her, I doubt that the casting director's could ever find a suitable replacement.

I had heard that in FF7, they used Paul Walkers brother as a stand in for that last scene.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2017, 3:03 pm

They had pretty much finished filming Episode VIII when Carrie Fisher died, but my guess is that they'll mention what happens to Leia during the opening crawl for Episode IX.

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm

Are you sure the title is going to be THE official one? Remember that Episode VI was originally known as Revenge of the Jedi but was later changed to Return of the Jedi.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 4:55 pm

DinoMongoosePenguin wrote:
Are you sure the title is going to be THE official one? Remember that Episode VI was originally known as Revenge of the Jedi but was later changed to Return of the Jedi.

If so, that means all those "The Last Jedi" posters will become prized collectors items.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2017, 3:31 pm

I wonder if they'll pull a "Fake Shemp" and use a stand in if they don't write out Leah's character

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 6:35 pm

It could be Luke or his possible Daughter