Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jackhippy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2007, 10:13 am

So my wife and I started a band about 2 months ago. So far we have written six songs that I think are outstanding (I'm not exactly impartial) and we have a few covers. We are practicing at least three times a week and things are going great. We were just invited to play in front of the local university's Music Theory class because the instructor was so impressed with our song writing.

There is only one problem...I can't stop thinking about it. I breathe the songs. I dream the lyrics. It has gotten to the point where I've missed a lot of work because I want to stay home and screw around with my bass. When I do make it to work I spend the day locked in the basement humming our songs, writing new ones, or talking incessantly about them to my co-workers.

I have always had obsessions but this one is swallowing me whole. It can't even be compared to my love of video games. In fact, I haven't touched my 360 in two months. I can barely type because I keep getting lost in this spacey riff that we wrote last night.

Somebody help!! !

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. My epiphany was less grandiose. It was quite the opposite. I realized I was talking to myself, but no one was listening.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 May 2007, 12:02 pm

i wish i could help. atleast you arent incorporating any landscapes into your music though, and wear big spikey bracelets. thats when you know you have a problem :D