Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Pendergast
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2007, 1:47 pm

I’m being published. Or well... I am going to have a an article published in a book on Autism, on what it is like to have Asperger's. I’m not really sure which book it is, or when or if it is out.

I wrote this back in the 11th grade I believe. No wait... the 12th. The teacher wanted me to write a poem/story like thing on how I felt. It was just little something about how isolated I felt from my peers, but told in a semi creative way. Or well, sort of like a poem/article... if that makes sense. It is nothing formal or anything

I didn’t really think much of it myself, but for some reason she liked it and passed it on to another teacher.

They put it in the school magazine, with a little blurb about me having Asperger's. I never intended to let the entire school know that I had it, but it was a little late to anything about it then.

Anyway, I was also in a group therapy session with other kids that had Aspergers at the time, and my mom ended up showing the article to the woman in charge of the group. She liked it, and asked if she could have a copy. I gave her one and didn’t think much of it afterwards until she told me she planed on having it published in a book. (With my persimmon of course)

I was pretty excited hearing that. Sadly several years went by without a word on the book or even seeing her. We had to stop seeing the group because it cost too much for me to attend sessions., plus getting back and forth was as hassle.

Well, around a year ago I finally started going back for sessions. I was still seeing the same woman and she mentioned that the article was finally being published and the book was due out soon. Sadly we haven’t been able to see her in a while, but she promised to let us know when the book came out. I hope she does anyways.

If anyone cares.. I’ll let you know the name of the book when it comes out.

So have you ever had anything published before? Or plan on getting something in a book/paper/magazine?

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 2:23 pm

That is so cool! Congratulations! Let us know how it goes...:)

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2007, 4:13 pm

Yes,"congratulations!" and please do keep us posted.