Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 9:57 pm

I've had weird symptoms over the past few years, but the doctors haven't really been able to determine anything. Over the past few weeks, I've been having times where it feels like my head is in a tornado, like a counterclockwise-rotating wind is coming from my back-right side and pushing my head to the left. It feels like I'm in a boat with splish-splashing waves all around me. When this happens, I feel sick to my stomach and have a hard time concentrating. It gets worse if I'm riding on the train or bus and I'm looking at my phone. This feeling comes and goes.

My left ear has a constant low-pitch tone in it, and my right ear is fine most of the time, but at times it will feel like pressure is building up inside, sounds get muffled, and I hear a low- to medium-pitch tone, the whole event lasting about 5 to 10 seconds.

I was tested for Meniere's disease a couple years ago, the results coming back negative, so I'm very confused now. I'm worried that doctors will think I'm just obsessing (and I wonder if I am). I wish things would be clearer!

lekrons
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Feb 2017, 4:57 am

I had some weird vertigo/lightheadedness and other symptoms on and off for a while. They told me at first it was an inner ear infection, which can apparently last months. I suppose that's been ruled out already.

For me it turned out that I actually had middle ear/eustachian tube issues, probably brought on by hay fever. I haven't found something that will completely relieve the symptoms, but the worst ones will go away just with a nasal spray. It's probably a long shot, but it's a cheap thing to try.

Another idea - there's a maneuver you can do to called Epley Maneuver, which can fix vertigo from some causes such as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted out.