Do you consider yourself lovable?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 2:37 pm

I am only been told "I love you" by women who knew me online only (and hardly can meet me) after a time of lenghty chats. It happened... at like once every few years frequency.

There is someone like that at the present and I keep telling her "No, you don't love me, you love the way you imagine me" or "No, you love only the online version of me".

Today I told her "but I warn you, you might be disappointed, I might not turn out the way you imagine me" (I am 99% sure it will be the case, despite the honesty - nothing looks and sounds online like reality).

But never in real life; I am trying to meet new people. I really need less online life and go back more to reality. :(

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 06 Feb 2017, 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 2:39 pm

I'm loveable, because I'm a Wolfman. Women love to pet me ; - )

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 5:25 pm

I've observed that the only people who've expressed any interest in me have consistently been in their early to mid teens, even now. If I was more strict with who I talked to I would be utterly alone outside of family and coworkers which honestly neither of them offer any meaningful interaction. So it seems logic would follow that people are only interested in me on the surface level and do not have any solid concept of attraction outside base desire. That said the alternative isn't that much better when it's all about finances and more specific attraction and covered up by lies about supposed romance.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

dtoxic2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2017, 6:23 pm

As was pointed out, lovability is in the eye of the beholder. I'm cool with who I am but it's not a package that works for the women I like.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 6:47 pm

If you're liked by people in their early-to-mid teens, count yourself lucky.

This is an age group where people frequently like very few people.

Christy99
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm

my self esteem could improve. I could like myself more and know that I am lovable. I am working on it. I am trying to date with self esteem that needs to grow. But i have values and morals and ethics so i am not gonna do things to earn love. Love is free Love is powerful. Love is possible. I don't know when. :?:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 7:35 pm

If you have good morals/values/ethics, I find that you could easily be quite loveable.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 8:16 pm

On the contrary I find that this age group is obsessed with sex so as a result I and pretty much anyone else fit their criteria. Of course this is only online so it may just be those unfortunate in their teens not unlike myself. People my age, by comparison, seem to have an unending list of demands, both online and off. None of them have the independence they are asking me for, but I'll be damned if I foot their bill through life just because I'm a guy, so they can shove it.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 4:17 pm

I like me. I just need someone else who does.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Mar 2017, 2:03 am

I believe most any girl would love me if she gave me a real chance & tried to make a relationship work with me. She would love me because of how devoted I was to her, how loyal I was to her, how affectionate I was with her, how supportive I was, how I would always try my very best to make her happy.
My biggest problem in relationships has been getting in one. I love my current girlfriend more than anything & she loves me quite alot. Sure we have some issues/problems/differences/fights but we're both willing to work things out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 8:06 am

Yes

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 8:07 am

Canary wrote:
I like me. I just need someone else who does.
I like you but I live on the other side of the world.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 10:52 pm

I don't.

I'm 23 years old and nobody ever loved me. I got in a sort of relationship only once and the guy kept very clear that he didn't loved me and didn't thought it would happen at some point. During all my life, I just removed myself from this relationship talks because I just assumed it wasn't for me, nobody seemed to miss me on this field :D Actually, even outside the romantic field I never was someone people really get attached to.

I'm the same as some people already mentioned: I like who I am, but I'm also aware that what I'm isn't much likeable/lovable.

Tom Huppe
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2017, 7:57 pm

not at all, actually i try to avoid that kind of relationships, i think it's just not that important.
people will always say "love is important" and "you cant live without love" but you know what, i disagree, like...
who cares, i can be perfectly happy without a companion.

so... basically my answer is... nah :?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Mar 2017, 8:39 pm

I wish I could but I really don't, the proof seems to be in the pudding pretty much. Self esteem is such a foreign concept to me, for me to have self esteem I would have to be delusional I feel like.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 2:04 am

Yep, I do believe that I would be a hard person to love and at very least a hard person to be in a relationship with. They would have to deal with my fear of romance bad enough to cause panic attacks, my inability to know what to do when someone else is going through a hard time, my tendency to want to be alone most of the time, and my tendency to not get too attached to people among other things.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art