Just for the hell of it: Would you vote to JAIL the police ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

[VOTE] Are the vast majority of police deserving of being jailed ?
I would vote YES to have most cops jailed 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
I must vote NO because I'm indoctrinated 69%  69%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 16

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2017, 12:49 pm

Full Title : Just for the god-damn HELL of it - would you vote to have the vast majority of police JAILED ?
All of these mentally ill criminals seem to like to prance around, wearing costumes, carrying badges, violating rights, carrying out acts of domestic-terrorism, committing violence against everyone else, and they claim that various things are «the law» just because it was passed by majority vote... therefore... I now bring forth a new vote to put into law. ;o

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 2:34 am

no, and what does this have to do with Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation, dare i ask?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 4:26 am

How would it not when police are a political-faction ? When exposing corruption is considered Activism ? When there are plenty of examples of Police State USA screwing over large amounts of working people ? I suppose it is less likely to affect «Autistics» since most autistics are not part of the work-force ? Here's some media-repping...

Kiprobalhato wrote:
no, and what does this have to do with Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation, dare i ask?

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 8:01 pm

Would prison officers be included in the category of "police"? If so, who would look after the jailed police? If not, I still see a practical difficulty because it is the police that arrest people. Arresting people is a prerequisite to putting them in jail. Are you suggesting that some police should be jailed or all of them? If only some, then the good ones can arrest the bad ones I presume?

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 9:31 pm

I am just going to respond first in this manner...
Jabberwokky wrote:
Would prison officers be included in the category of "police"?
They are a different category who are not informed as to what the police do in the «outside» world...
Jabberwokky wrote:
If not, I still see a practical difficulty because it is the police that arrest people.
The time is long over-due for EVERYBODY to arrest criminals;
Anybody who thinks that they need to RELY on solely the police to perform arrests is DUMB...
Jabberwokky wrote:
Are you suggesting that some police should be jailed or all of them?
Most of them are criminals. CRIMINALS! God. Seriously. I swear I'm in the COMMUNIST States of Amerikka.
Oh, by the way, one of the community members in my town, who has NO criminal-history, was shot, SHOT, by a cop, THREE TIMES, and that SAME cop has a HISTORY of SHOOTING PEOPLE (EIGHT OTHER PEOPLE).
Maybe the rest of you live in some damn Ivory Tower or something but HERE where I am it has the reputation for being the MOST CORRUPT county of the ENTIRE state land-mass...

I should also add that the police around here are liars. LIARS ! If they open their mouth you can assume that they are LYING. I have looked at the «cases» here, talked to the various people whom they kidnapped, and there is nearly ALWAYS a fabrication on the part of the cop who «made up» stories.

Not only that, EVERYBODY who is confronted by them is automatically put into jail, WITHOUT TRIAL, and this goes on for WEEKS, for many, even MONTHS. Did I mention that this was WITHOUT TRIAL ? This is a town full of STUPID PEOPLE where if you want to put someone in jail then ALL you need to do is call the cops on them, even if your story is false and fabricated, they WILL end up in the jail, EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE NOT COMMITTED A f*****g CRIME!!

Last edited by Ban-Dodger on 11 Feb 2017, 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 9:34 pm

I liked The Police when I was in college. I know Sting got a great career out of being a part of the group. But, I didn't know that the other members of the group needed to be jailed.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 10:54 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
I liked The Police when I was in college. I know Sting got a great career out of being a part of the group. But, I didn't know that the other members of the group needed to be jailed.
We rarely see eye-to-eye, but that was genuinely funny.

That drummer's movie scores are turgid. I say jail him also, just for the hell of it. Well, primarily because his movie scores offend me.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 11:02 pm

I think fewer laws on the books, especially the war on drugs, would help. Give the cops less to do and the situation will improve. We'll have less prisons, too. We can't just not have cops. sh***y as they can be, they do at least help to keep the beast at bay.

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 11:06 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
[center]
Jabberwokky wrote:
Would prison officers be included in the category of "police"?
[color=Navy]They are a different category who are not informed as to what the police do in the «outside» world...
Jabberwokky wrote:
If not, I still see a practical difficulty because it is the police that arrest people.
The time is long over-due for EVERYBODY to arrest criminals;
Anybody who thinks that they need to RELY on solely the police to perform arrests is DUMB...
Jabberwokky wrote:
Are you suggesting that some police should be jailed or all of them?
Most of them are criminals. CRIMINALS! God. Seriously. I swear I'm in the COMMUNIST States of Amerikka.
Oh, by the way, one of the community members in my town, who has NO criminal-history, was shot, SHOT, by a cop, THREE TIMES, and that SAME cop has a HISTORY of SHOOTING PEOPLE (EIGHT OTHER PEOPLE).
Maybe the rest of you live in some damn Ivory Tower or something but HERE where I am it has the reputation for being the MOST CORRUPT county of the ENTIRE state land-mass...

I should also add that the police around here are liars. LIARS ! If they open their mouth you can assume that they are LYING. I have looked at the «cases» here, talked to the various people whom they kidnapped, and there is nearly ALWAYS a fabrication on the part of the cop who «made up» stories.

Not only that, EVERYBODY who is confronted by them is automatically put into jail, WITHOUT TRIAL, and this goes on for WEEKS, for many, even MONTHS. Did I mention that this was WITHOUT TRIAL ? This is a town full of STUPID PEOPLE where if you want to put someone in jail then ALL you need to do is call the cops on them, even if your story is false and fabricated, they WILL end up in the jail, EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE NOT COMMITTED A f*****g CRIME!!

My queries were about the practical aspects of jailing the police. I live in New Zealand and so don't have direct knowledge of the situation in the USA, certainly I don't have any knowledge of the situation in specific counties. I do follow the political developments in the USA (and the world generally) and it is apparent that social cohesion is under threat. Your response echoes some of my own emotions with regards to my country of birth. I was born in South Africa and live in New Zealand, arrived here 11 years ago.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 11:48 pm

Maybe half the current police deserve to be arrested. Maybe more, I don't know.

I keep remembering when one told an acquaintance of mine that she should be shot because all mentally ill people should be shot. When the acquaintance said "Well then why don't you shoot me?" the cop didn't, but told the people at the mental hospital he took her to that she had asked him to shoot her! Totally out of context. I can't stand manipulation. And that's one of the better ones in that country.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 2:11 am

My county choose to vote down a sales tax that would have opened the new jail.So it sat empty for years till it finally passed.Prisoners had to be hauled to the next county.The old hanging jail was closed becuse it wasn't up to code.Its on the national register of historic places.Now the deputies want a raise,they get paid less than the county road grader operator.I bet it won't pass.

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2017, 2:42 am

One thing I find really incongruous about the USA is that as a country it can print money out of thin air (because the US dollar is the de facto global currency and the USA has the military might to enforce their dominance) but from many accounts, the people of the USA are descending into Third World conditions. Is this an accurate description? Where does all that money end up? Much like Third World countries, it appears to be accumulating in the hands of a very small elite.

The difficulties with law enforcement, crooked cops, riots and crime sound much like what happens in Third World countries. It seems that while the rest of the world marches to the drumbeat of the USA, the citizens of the USA are not and are likely to be the biggest threat to the USA. I'm not suggesting the citizens are right or wrong to do so, but they are certainly well armed and not likely to accept government martial law when an attempt is made to impose it. As a person who grew up in South Africa, I have seen what happens when things get out of hand. It sounds like the USA is headed in that direction. Europe doesn't seem great either.

The Powerpuff Girls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2017, 2:52 am

I vote yes to have the bad ones jailed, or better yet, get some therapy, and be reevaluated. I'm more getting people to fix the problem in a kind manner. I understand that not everyone agrees with that. I just see some much inhumane/uncaring, etc, and maybe that it getting to me...

I also don't believe that most cops are bad, the media just shows us the bad ones which makes it look worse, like with everything else.

I believe if we all treated each other with kindness and if we all understood each other, at least the basics, such as we all have a story, feelings, a direction, dreams, etc, the world would be a much better place.

- Peace

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 3:44 am

No.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 4:35 am

God-damnit, you don't count, you live in Kansas, where crime & police-corruption is practically non-existent. Now do you see why I have bunches upon bunches and BUNCHES of reasons stacked up to want to move to Kansas ?

nurseangela wrote:
No.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 5:10 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
God-damnit, you don't count, you live in Kansas, where crime & police-corruption is practically non-existent. Now do you see why I have bunches upon bunches and BUNCHES of reasons stacked up to want to move to Kansas ?
nurseangela wrote:
No.

They have a couple things going on about once a year - the gun shop shooting was a big deal where me and Ma bought our guns, and they just had the Walmart shooting down the road. Otherwise, they usually hang out in the cemetery eating donuts.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.