Just for the hell of it: Would you vote to JAIL the police ?

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

[VOTE] Are the vast majority of police deserving of being jailed ?
I would vote YES to have most cops jailed 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
I must vote NO because I'm indoctrinated 69%  69%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 16

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:39 pm

There's good police, and there's bad police. I've met both.

I'm not a citizen of Amerikkka. I'm a citizen of the United States of America.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:45 pm

Good Cop is an Oxymoron; that's like saying Good Thief or Good Liar or Good Murderer. They might be skilled at what they do but Morally and Ethically what they're all doing is Inherently Corrupt.
Furthermore, your documents do not say that you are a Citizen of the United States of America;
You are actually a U.S. Citizen (a Citizen of the UNITED STATES). Listen to Chris to understand this better...

kraftiekortie wrote:
There's good police, and there's bad police. I've met both.

I'm not a citizen of Amerikkka. I'm a citizen of the United States of America.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:51 pm

Of course I'm a citizen of the U.S.

But why do you hate the police so much?

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:59 pm

Try living homelessly, without family support, and get yourself re-established by your own efforts;
From broke, that is without any resources, other than maybe a few hundred bucks at best;
You also do this without any friends, working your ass off to be able to earn the currency (money) needed to be able to be able to afford to live in your own place as quickly as possible, pay your own expenses, etc., then you will get your answer as to why I do NOT TRUST police. The police are LARGELY what CAUSES homelessness.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course I'm a citizen of the U.S.

But why do you hate the police so much?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 10:31 pm

Just because some police are terrible doesn't mean all of them are. Maybe in the States they're mostly terrible or useless but not in all other countries?

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 6:14 am

This is what happens when you take the police out of the equation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-brazi ... SKBN15R0SU

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 6:51 am

This is what happens when you have AMERICAN Police IN the Equation...

http://www.alternet.org/more-americans-killed-police-terrorists-crime-down-why-police-aggression

Drake wrote:
This is what happens when you take the police out of the equation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-brazi ... SKBN15R0SU

I will even QUOTE something of importance from said article...
AlterNet wrote:
Militarized “pro-active” policing may have had some effect on the drop in crimes in the US. But Kirkpatrick says, “I don’t think it’s the big thing.” Crime is down even in many cities where police forces have been cut for budget reasons, and experts agree that the decline in crime began before the militarization of policing really started to take off.
~and let me throw in yet another one or two or even a few~
AlterNet wrote:
“There has been a clear escalation of violence by police, particularly since 9/11,” says Brigitt Keller, who heads up the National Police Accountability Project of the National Lawyers Guild. “The willingness of police to use very harsh measures against people has definitely increased.”

A big part of the problem, she says, is that these days “officer safety” is given primacy over “protect and serve.” A case in point: a South Carolina sheriff’s deputy in February shot and seriously injured a 70-year-old man at a traffic stop when the man tried to retrieve his cane from the back of his pick-up truck. The Sheriff’s Department said the deputy acted “appropriately,” as he had “a legitimate fear” that the cane might have been a long rifle.

In another recent example, New York City police shot and injured an unarmed man who was acting “erratically” in Times Square. The officers were exonerated, while the man they shot was charged with causing injury to several bystanders—who were hit by the police officers’ stray bullets.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 7:52 am

Come on. Getting rid of the police would be like dealing with a fox in the chicken coop by bringing in a tiger.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 2:07 pm

I don't trust police, to me they're an omen of bad things to come. I hate how law enforcement lobbies try to take away our liberties in order to secure their careers. I strongly disagree with some of the laws we have on our books.

However, they are a far better option than a gang or mafia. In theory, the police enforce our agreed upon laws and are accountable to them.

devilSpawn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2017, 2:28 pm

I wouldn't vote to jail anybody, really... but for police, I'd vote to starve them and make them feel more alienated and outcast than I've ever felt.

Terrorism... it's their job description.

devilSpawn

15 Feb 2017, 2:38 pm

MDD123 wrote:
However, they are a far better option than a gang or mafia. In theory, the police enforce our agreed upon laws and are accountable to them.

Proof of your indoctrination... #1: Government IS a gang or "mafia". #2: they do not enforce agreed upon laws, hundreds of laws are passed every day in this country that the people never hear about much less agree upon.
#3: these terrorist goons have monopoly on violence and community support in the form of getting paychecks to use violence and threat of violence to force "free" humans into compliance with political dictates. They receive deification in their communities for being the most atrocious of characters among us. They are required as a standard to have neither too high nor too low of an IQ and are also required to meet a certain number of clinical criteria for antisocial personality disorder without warranting a full-blown diagnosis. These are the standards for hiring in law enforcement and supreme court has ruled it acceptable.

All that being said, they are deified in their own consciences because of the support they receive from stupid humans. They get a paycheck to be bullies. They are above the law because they enforce only the parts that are in the interests of corporations and governments. The rest of the community has to fend for itself. They are bandits on the road who will use deadly force to issue a seatbelt ticket if needed. And still, all these stupid humans praise them as heroes for being the long arm of renegade government. HUMANS ARE STUPID.

By the way, if there are rules for police, and police are the monopoly to enforce rules... who's going to force the rules on the police
The entire fraternity's job description is the literal definition of terrorism. Wake up and smell the putrid stench of your nonsense.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 4:11 pm

Take away their donuts,that'll hurt'em.Really make those law dogs suffer.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 10:06 pm

devilSpawn wrote:
MDD123 wrote:

By the way, if there are rules for police, and police are the monopoly to enforce rules... who's going to force the rules on the police
The entire fraternity's job description is the literal definition of terrorism. Wake up and smell the putrid stench of your nonsense.

Did you notice the words "In theory" I never said they were perfect, or even praiseworthy; but their chain of command extends to elected officials, so if they screw up, their superiors can do the right thing, or get replaced by someone who will. And no, the mob would not be the same, they're not accountable to the public, only themselves.

devilSpawn

16 Feb 2017, 12:40 pm

MDD123 wrote:
... the mob would not be the same, they're not accountable to the public, only themselves.

How is government accountable to the people? Government sends military to say "f**k what the people say, we do what we want anyway" like in ND, or Waco, or hell even Oregon, recently.

Government says they own you. You do what they say or they have justification to use force on you. They are morally absolved from any stain if they hurt you, especially if you try to defend yourself from them, and they say this comes from "everyone present (but you) is in agreement so this is how it is" and "not a perfect system but gotta have one".

Brainwashed.

Government doesn't answer to you, you answer to them. And if you notice, the circle of power is always changing hands but it's the same hands running in circles. How is the mob any different again?

Are you on the spectrum? How does this logic elude you, if so?

I guess if you had "substantial support" (ahem, intensive indoctrination) and very well distracted upbringing, you can probably feel confident taking the indoctrinators' words for some things, perhaps too easily on the spectrum.

Still, if so, use that powerful brain of yours and see the simple truth for what it is. These bastards are the most vicious "gang" or "mafia" in existence. So vicious, they contract out as primary global export; violence; force is the greatest economic contribution the US provides to the world. Disgusting.

"they fight for your freedom"

Oh really? then explain why thanks to all of their fighting, I now have to ask permission for more than my grandpa or great grandpa did?
not only ask permission, but now have to show my papers anywhere I go. I thought the nazi's were defeated, seems more like "absorbed" is more like it :/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 11:54 pm

I'd vote to jail the police who have harmed and killed autistic people. I'd also vote to jail the people who threaten to phone the cops on autistic people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 12:25 am

This is why I don't trust polls.

The only choices are agree with you or vilify myself. Which leads people to agreeing with you cause the only other choice is saying their indoctrinated. So I refuse to answer. Cause my choice is neither.

I support a lawful society, police are what keep us from turning into anarchy. Lots of people would murder and steal as soon as the police are gone. Look at the looting after every distaster when cops are busy evacuating people to safety. Laws alone don't prevent people from doing evil it's the fear that police will stop them.

Are they perfect no. Their humans, most of whom go out every day for crappy pay and out their lives in the line to try to do good for strangers who hate them. Every day they leave their family known it could be their last. How many of you anti police people would put your life in danger for strangers who hate you?