Thinking of publishing a story under a pen name

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

rainbowbutterfly
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2017, 12:47 pm

Hi:

I just completed writing a fictional story that has helped me process things that have happened to me during my childhood. It has some aspects of social commentary and paranormal activity, though I have it written under a pen name because of some sensitive issues it brings up. I'm not completely sure if I want to publish it though, because of one scene which I would like to have revised. However, I feel that the rest of it is good - especially the ending. I have thought about going to one of the writing groups I have listed under my Meetup groups but I realized the my Meetup.com profile is not listed under a pen name, like at this site. I figure there's no point in getting a pen name if my actual name is revealed. I feel like it may be crucial to get other people's perspectives or advice on the story if I even think about publishing it. Is there any advice on what to do or where to go?

Any feedback I can get will truly be appreciated.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 4:24 pm

Well, on the subject of pen names: I think I have too big of an ego to write under anything than my own name, precisely because I want to be appreciated for what I've written.