Are there any aspies that hate themselves?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm

I know I do!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 7:35 pm

me too but I may not be an Aspie. I hate myself for not being able to cope with things others find easy.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Sometimes I really do; but it doesn't help. It's much more pleasant to focus on the things I'm good at.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 10:03 pm

I was mad at myself yesterday. I felt like I made a complete fool of myself over nothing. I have been really anxious the past couple of weeks. Luckily, I'm calmer today.

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm

I always hate myself for being such a different speck of snowflake. I hate how clumsy I am. I hate how much stupid I am in terms of social cues. I hate how I am different among my group because they always tell me that I needed to improve. I always do my best to improve but it seems that I'm still a ninny. I have to be normal guys, I have to be. Because months from now I will be a Registered Nurse. I have to be,for my patients and for myself. What I all ask is to be good in socializing, to have the mindfulness everyday, to prevent myself being clumsy, and to comprehend verbal instructions better.

It's a challenge how I should be fixing myself and loving myself at the same time. I know it requires pain.

I'm also not sure if I really have Asperger's because my psychiatrist won't diagnose me anything else except Major Depressive Dis. with psychotic features, Axis II Borderline Personality, and Passive Agressive Features

Now tell me why I can't find any signs and symptoms of these social problems with those Disorders?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 11:49 pm

I love myself to be honest. I love all the things that make me different. I love to celebrate all of my differences.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 12:41 am

I do battle with feelings of self-hatred but I am attempting to extinguish them by focusing more on other people. I may be socially crippled but I can still be a kind person towards others.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 1:47 am

I useta. but I had to learn to cut that out. I am the way god made me, and even if I don't get the whole picture of that, I gotta treat myself as one would treat a part of something good.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 2:09 am

No it's just frustrating that I'm unable to communicate as easily as others.

citoyenlambda
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Feb 2017, 2:32 am

I can confidently say that I used to. I used to hate myself so much that it made me hate everyone else also. I was a ball of hate.

You have to learn to accept your lot in life and carry your cross with dignity. When I did, my hatred - both for myself and others - just dissipated. It's a long process. I'm trying to find God lately and that has helped in regards to the leftover anxiety.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2017, 2:42 am

A lot less than I used to, but yes, sometimes.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 5:59 am

I've hated myself; don't any more.

Nobody deserves hate. Everyone has good in them that doesn't deserve that hate. The bad in people is just lack of good, and should be worked on without hurting the good in the person.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 6:13 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
I've hated myself; don't any more.

Nobody deserves hate. Everyone has good in them that doesn't deserve that hate. The bad in people is just lack of good, and should be worked on without hurting the good in the person.

QFT :idea:

A_noobish_noob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2017, 6:28 am

I feel quite often like the main character from the Tatami Galaxy or welcome to the NHK

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 6:42 am

I do often call myself stupid, and believe that I am stupid, probably because there are things others take for granted what I find an emotional strain.

A_noobish_noob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2017, 7:14 am

I feel the previous poster
I have been called smart all of my life by most of my peers, I mean I was shown to have a very high iq when they tested me in high school, but I don't really ever get good grades, even in subjects where I am pretty sure I understand the topics better than people who get better grades. I also really feel like a stupid person most of the time who can rant to you about various topics that I seem to be an expert on from an outside perspective, but that's all I can do.

Edit:
Thinking about this, I can probably see why no one pegged me as autistic/aspie when I was a child.