Page 1 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 5:10 pm

GANT/CNN: US investigators corroborate some aspects of the Russia dossier

Quote:
The corroboration, based on intercepted communications, has given US intelligence and law enforcement “greater confidence” in the credibility of some aspects of the dossier as they continue to actively investigate its contents, these sources say.

CBC: Trump security adviser Michael Flynn 'can't be certain' on talking sanctions with Russia

I'm not sure if these 2 stories are related, but something is going on with Russia and the Trump administration.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 10:25 pm

It seems to me that so far the only connection between Russia and Trump is based on lots of innuendo. They're still investigating and still have nothing of substance regarding the "salacious allegations" dossier. Just lots of conjecture. Apparently Putin isn't able to keep himself anonymous performing a simplistic gmail hack, but somehow he's managed to keep everything else an impenetrable secret.

Quote:
But the intercepts do confirm that some of the conversations described in the dossier took place between the same individuals on the same days and from the same locations as detailed in the dossier, according to the officials. CNN has not confirmed whether any content relates to then-candidate Trump.

The corroboration, based on intercepted communications, has given US intelligence and law enforcement “greater confidence” in the credibility of some aspects of the dossier as they continue to actively investigate its contents, these sources say.

That just sounds like more vapor. Nothing conclusive whatsoever.

Last edited by EzraS on 11 Feb 2017, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 10:31 pm

Americans and their incredible stupidity are actually a FAR BIGGER THREAT to World-Peace than terrorists...

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 10:43 pm

Ban-Dodger - thanks for that. Good to hear 'the other side'.

I think an important question worth raising in the whole Syria conflict is:

Why does Assad have absolutely no coverage whatsoever in the media? Surely the opinion of Assad is worth hearing (irrespective of what that opinion may be/whether others agree with it or not).

Is there something damning in what he may say? Is anyone questioning why the current president of Syria is being given no voice whatsoever by the media?

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 10:49 pm

Quote:
The corroboration, based on intercepted communications

Intercepts from whom to whom?

Quote:
based on

Much like movies 'based on real events'?

Was it Matt Damon communicating with Ben Affleck on a new Good Will movie? Here's hoping. That movie was top dog.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 11:01 pm

sonicallysensitive wrote:

Glad to see that at least someone is at least willing to hear out ALL sides of a narrative.
Is there something damning in what he may say?
Is anyone questioning why the current president of Syria is being given no voice whatsoever by the media?
You wouldn't believe the amount of incredibly «damning evidence» that Westerners ignore;
...everything, and I mean just about everything, that «conflicts» with your typical Liberal-American idea(l)s of «American-exceptionalism» just gets labeled as some sort of crazy conspiracy theory or ignored completely. You can dump an entire mountain or two (or thousands) worth of evidence upon these Amerikans is met with deaf ears like they just plug their fingers into their ears going «tralalalalala~ evidence to prove the U.S. is corrupt doesn't exist...»
I will start with some direct information directly out of the mouth of Putin rather than what CNN likes to FABRICATE...

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:

Glad to see that at least someone is at least willing to hear out ALL sides of a narrative.
Absolutely. Despite it earning me the hatred of many on this very forum.

An objective pursuit of truth should be an aim of any rational being.

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Is there something damning in what he may say?
Is anyone questioning why the current president of Syria is being given no voice whatsoever by the media?

You wouldn't believe the amount of incredibly «damning evidence» that Westerners ignore;
...everything, and I mean just about everything, that «conflicts» with your typical Liberal-American idea(l)s of «American-exceptionalism» just gets labeled as some sort of crazy conspiracy theory or ignored completely. You can dump an entire mountain or two (or thousands) worth of evidence upon these Amerikans is met with deaf ears like they just plug their fingers into their ears going «tralalalalala~ evidence to prove the U.S. is corrupt doesn't exist...»
I will start with some direct information directly out of the mouth of Putin rather than what CNN FABRICATES...

I'll watch it.

Why Russia and the US coming together would be a bad thing is very much beyond me.

It is potentially one of the greatest alliances that could be made.

It would also be very easy to make it palatable for the general public. Just have a movie based on real events from WWII showing US & Russian soldiers coming together to defeat a common enemy. Heck, even call it 'Comrades' and have Ryan Reynolds as one of the lead roles. They'll lap that up.

They fought on the same side... why is there, given the huge number of war movies, a drought of representation of the US/Russia fighting for the same cause...?

It makes one wonder. Anyway, I digress.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 1:24 am

The CIA is genuinely worried that they can't share intelligence with Trump, because he'll give it to Putin. My idea is: feed Trump false intelligence, then see if it appears in the Kremlin.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 2:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
The CIA is genuinely worried that they can't share intelligence with Trump, because he'll give it to Putin. My idea is: feed Trump false intelligence, then see if it appears in the Kremlin.

Could you cite the source of this please?

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2017, 2:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Some observations:

I. I'm dubious that the CIA has any genuine "intelligence" to share given their track record of just making stuff up.

II. It's not their job to "share" intelligence with the President. They work for the President; it's their job to provide intelligence, not to pick and choose what they will or won't share. If they're not providing intelligence, it would be valid for Trump (or anyone else holding the office of President) to declare them as obviously not fit for purpose, a useless drain on the Federal budget, and close them down. I mean, it's not like there aren't sixteen other US intelligence agencies.

III. Since the Russians have their own intelligence services, if the same intelligence appears in the Kremlin, how would you know if they got it by Trump telling Putin, or if they gathered it from the same sources as American intelligence? The only way to be sure with this sort of plan is to have something that could only have come from Trump. That is, they would have to make something up, then see if that very specific bit of fiction appears in the Kremlin.

Of course, there are a few problems with such a plan:
a) it would serve to reinforce the reputation the CIA has for just making stuff up;
b) it would require them to knowingly provide false information to the US government, since it's unlikely that the President is the only one they could tell;
c) it would help create an even more compelling case for closing the agency down — they make stuff up rather than gathering real intelligence and deliberately lie to their employer.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2017, 10:08 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
I will start with some direct information directly out of the mouth of Putin rather than what CNN likes to FABRICATE...[/color]

Watched it.

I always find Putin's responses very measured & fair.

Question - are you Russian?

I haven't been to Russia in a few years. If anyone on this forum intends to go to Moscow - be sure to visit Mayakovskaya metro station. Work of art.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 11:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Could you cite the source of this please?

I heard that on CNN. Yeah, yeah, I know; you guys don't trust CNN anymore than you trust the CIA.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 11:03 pm

Amaltheia wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Some observations:

I. I'm dubious that the CIA has any genuine "intelligence" to share given their track record of just making stuff up.

II. It's not their job to "share" intelligence with the President. They work for the President; it's their job to provide intelligence, not to pick and choose what they will or won't share. If they're not providing intelligence, it would be valid for Trump (or anyone else holding the office of President) to declare them as obviously not fit for purpose, a useless drain on the Federal budget, and close them down. I mean, it's not like there aren't sixteen other US intelligence agencies.

III. Since the Russians have their own intelligence services, if the same intelligence appears in the Kremlin, how would you know if they got it by Trump telling Putin, or if they gathered it from the same sources as American intelligence? The only way to be sure with this sort of plan is to have something that could only have come from Trump. That is, they would have to make something up, then see if that very specific bit of fiction appears in the Kremlin.

a) it would serve to reinforce the reputation the CIA has for just making stuff up;
b) it would require them to knowingly provide false information to the US government, since it's unlikely that the President is the only one they could tell;
c) it would help create an even more compelling case for closing the agency down — they make stuff up rather than gathering real intelligence and deliberately lie to their employer.

Trust me, I am the most suspicious person there is regarding the CIA. That said, I am more likely to believe them at this point than I would trust Trump, as he sees Putin as his benefactor.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 1:03 am

Amaltheia wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Some observations:

Yeah, I don't think our intelligence agencies should be trying to play cat-and-mouse games with the President. If they've got evidence that either Trump or anyone else at the top of the US government is working for a foreign government, they should turn over the evidence to the appropriate House and Senate committees.

As much as I dislike Trump, he is the lawfully elected President of the United States and thus in charge of the executive branch.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Feb 2017, 9:12 am

We can only wish, the fate of the US and Russia is intertwined and we two countries have the rare opportunity of to control our own destinies. The president is the commander-in-chief, he gets to gets to make the decisions not some faceless shadow government. The American people voted for better relations with Russia and these Cold Warriors need to get with the time quick.

The Bush/Clinton/Obama neocon people politicized the federal government with their appointees who are unwilling to cede power, the CIA is the least trustworthy institution maybe in the world but that doesn't stop desperate liberals from hanging on their every word. There needs to be a purge of sort to get these partisans out of influence if they are unwilling and unable to preform their duties.

People worried about Putin watch way too much CNN and do not understand the man in the slightest, he poses zero harm to the US and can only help us in achieving our elusive strategic goals. All signs point to Russia wanting better relations with the US and it is only the diseased Military Industrial Complex and the most partisan of left wingers who would oppose that. These freaks want war with Russia, I'd rather put these freaks in jail.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Feb 2017, 9:26 am

the CIA is not and should not be considered a separate entity to our federal government, they work for the president and if they cannot preform their lawful duties then they should resign. The left want their own NKVD.