Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 12:13 am

Why Asperger people cannot control their angry?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 3:24 am

Because many aspis have comorbid condition known as Executive Dsyfunction.

Quote:
The executive functions are a set of processes that all have to do with managing oneself and one's resources in order to achieve a goal. It is an umbrella term for the neurologically-based skills involving mental control and self-regulation.

A subset of executive funtioning is known as inhibition
Quote:
Inhibition - The ability to stop one's own behavior at the appropriate time, including stopping actions and thoughts. The flip side of inhibition is impulsivity; if you have weak ability to stop yourself from acting on your impulses, then you are "impulsive." (When Aunt Sue called, it would have made sense to tell her, "Let me check the calendar first. It sounds great, but I just need to look at everybody's schedules before I commit the whole family.")

Another reason is because of thier disorder/difference many have often been mistreated and misunderstood in a varity of ways.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 3:28 am

The world doesn't use The Star Prayer enough in order to help calm down their emotions.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 7:34 am

I get angry, and can't always help it, which is why I'm on antidepressants.
Some things people say just push my buttons and I can't handle it. I feel that if I don't express when I'm upset through anger, people might not take me seriously, as the things that make me upset don't worry most people.

But I mostly get angry with myself, for making mistakes. Each social faux pas I make I beat myself up over it.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

11 Feb 2017, 10:32 am

I get angry in a snappy kind of way. 5HTP helps to control this, but it still happens. I don't like people asking me certain things like "what's on your mind", or "when are you going to get this done"..... I just want to bite their heads off!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 10:39 am

In my case, it gets really bad close to my "time of month", and nasty thoughts and feelings I more or less keep to myself come rushing right out. Sometimes if we're planning to take a trip or planning some other event my mom will ask if I've had my period yet.

If you're a guy, I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable. :)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 10:41 am

I'm usually not an angry person, but I will get angry (and sad) when I realize that, even though I've made great strides forward in just the last couple of years, I may never improve enough to achieve all of the things typical people achieve in the process of growing up. The thought scares me that I may be too old now to learn certain things. Every day that passes is a day wasted to learn new things.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

IstominFan wrote:
I'm usually not an angry person, but I will get angry (and sad) when I realize that, even though I've made great strides forward in just the last couple of years, I may never improve enough to achieve all of the things typical people achieve in the process of growing up. The thought scares me that I may be too old now to learn certain things. Every day that passes is a day wasted to learn new things.

Heck, I was 57 before I even re-learned how to get angry. My aspie mom couldn't stand noise, so I had learned to suppress all anger to avoid getting disowned. So far, it may be closer to normal, but it is something I'd have skipped. I didn't know how good I had it when I was less aware of my differences.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 9:08 pm

My angry can get the worse of me, I got Sooooo Angry at my mom, I couldn't control it. Moving out of her house that saved our relationship, I loved it that we made up before she died.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 9:12 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:
The executive functions are a set of processes that all have to do with managing oneself and one's resources in order to achieve a goal. It is an umbrella term for the neurologically-based skills involving mental control and self-regulation.

Quote:
Inhibition - The ability to stop one's own behavior at the appropriate time, including stopping actions and thoughts. The flip side of inhibition is impulsivity; if you have weak ability to stop yourself from acting on your impulses, then you are "impulsive." (When Aunt Sue called, it would have made sense to tell her, "Let me check the calendar first. It sounds great, but I just need to look at everybody's schedules before I commit the whole family.")

Another reason is because of thier disorder/difference many have often been mistreated and misunderstood in a varity of ways.

I don't understand.

Irimias
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2017, 11:27 pm

I guess its just another part of social dysfunction. I must admit I've really lost my temper with people a few times over the years and in an embarrassing kind of way that i regret. I tend to be better these days at keeping a lid on things. Learning assertiveness is important which can help you diffuse your anger and passive aggressivity. You basically have to realize that you will have conflicts with people and most of the time they are the ones that will blow over if you avoid allowing yourself to be too offended or angry. If you are being bullied it is less straightforward but you have to not let it continue for too long without getting help.

mauloch_baal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2017, 11:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
In my case, it gets really bad close to my "time of month", and nasty thoughts and feelings I more or less keep to myself come rushing right out. Sometimes if we're planning to take a trip or planning some other event my mom will ask if I've had my period yet.

If you're a guy, I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable. :)

Why should that make any males uncomfortable? Do some actually become uncomfortable at the talk of periods? Or is it some kind of universally running sarcastic joke.
I'm just confused, btw I am a man.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 11:51 pm

I may get soooooo angry at my sister, but I can control my angry alot of time now, I take a deep breath until I calm down.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 4:26 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand.

Many on the spectrum do have trouble controlling thier anger but they often have good reasons to be angry.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 6:59 am

If I supress my anger, I'd end up crying it off.

As a child, I would choose not to suppressed it. What everyone else told me mattered a little to me.
As a teen, I'm rather repressed. Anxiety and depression never helped.

And since I started to recover, I started to channel it. :lol: I'll eventually master it, but who knows if I ever since I lack of many things for actually mastering it...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2017, 3:57 pm

Irritability and anger were a big part of my life prior to medication. I use to have uncontrollable anger to the point where i couldn't control it, or just simply couldn't let situations that made me angry pass. I am still a little irritable when it comes to questions. I don't like people asking me questions in person. I don't want to take the energy to answer them, and it irritates me. I give a lot of one word short answers. Luckily i don't get angry anymore, and i owe that to medication.