Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lexystef
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2017, 1:51 pm

Hi everyone! I've seen discussions on this topic on different fora as well as facebook but I haven't yet seen it here in an exclusively aspie forum. As of now I'm not formerly diagnosed and I think a large part of it is that I was assigned male at birth but exhibit aspegers/autism symptoms that fit a female profile much closer than a male one.
I'm 29 so when I was going to elementary school in the 90's research was not where it is now. I did however have motor skill deficits, general clumsiness, intense interests and what worried my mother most stimming behavior with sticks and ropes (that still continues today to a large extent).

I'm at a weird time in my life because though my transition has been pretty successful, I've been haunted by thoughts of detransition recently. I began hormone therapy back in 09 at age of 21/22 and underwent orchiectomy (castration) in summer 2015. I think that final procedure in a way freed me to view myself inwardly as truly androgynous, but at the same time I think embodied experiences of sex are very real and being male or female is not interchangeable.

I lived in a liberal large city but now live in a conservative smaller town. There are many influences that acted on me, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what I should do. I want to be true to myself but also to the wider community of which I am a part. Lately maybe because I pass to the extent I do, I worry that I am being deceptive.

lexystef
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2017, 3:13 pm

I want to add, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this. Sided with women's over LGBT because I don't really participate in the LGBT community anymore and I mostly blend into wider society as a woman. That was the goal of transition for a long time. Again though, I'm at an odd phase in my life.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:00 am

lexystef wrote:
Hi everyone! I've seen discussions on this topic on different fora as well as facebook but I haven't yet seen it here in an exclusively aspie forum. As of now I'm not formerly diagnosed and I think a large part of it is that I was assigned male at birth but exhibit aspegers/autism symptoms that fit a female profile much closer than a male one.
I'm 29 so when I was going to elementary school in the 90's research was not where it is now. I did however have motor skill deficits, general clumsiness, intense interests and what worried my mother most stimming behavior with sticks and ropes (that still continues today to a large extent).

I'm at a weird time in my life because though my transition has been pretty successful, I've been haunted by thoughts of detransition recently. I began hormone therapy back in 09 at age of 21/22 and underwent orchiectomy (castration) in summer 2015. I think that final procedure in a way freed me to view myself inwardly as truly androgynous, but at the same time I think embodied experiences of sex are very real and being male or female is not interchangeable.

I lived in a liberal large city but now live in a conservative smaller town. There are many influences that acted on me, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what I should do. I want to be true to myself but also to the wider community of which I am a part. Lately maybe because I pass to the extent I do, I worry that I am being deceptive.

The first question I would ask is, would your safety be in danger if you revealed to those in the area that you are transexual? If so, my advice would be to move to a more accepting area, where you can reveal your status without having to worry about your safety. As to whether or not you are being deceptive, if you intend to enter into a romantic relationship with someone, then I think they have a right to know your status. If you are speaking of casual platonic interactions, I don't think they have a right to know, but it might be important to you that they know.