Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2017, 8:17 pm

:pale: There are too many threads supporting Trump and racism that happen here. I just got horribly upset after someone posted this- "Statistics prove blacks are more violent. Fact." :( :cry: Some one actually posted that comment. That sort of thing makes me sick and I don't want to have to be so careful about what thread I look at. I need to leave WP for my health. Thanks and bye to all the nice people on WP who have posted useful threads. I won't be seeing any responses to this post because I don't have the energy to stick around that long. :( :arrow:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 8:34 pm

There are too many threads claiming Trump is a racist here.

As for the quote that upset you ...
can't you find any facts to post to disprove the quote?

Of course, if you prefer to leave and not deal with politics,
I can respect that.

I wish you the best,
and though we never got to know each other,
would welcome your return.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2017, 9:12 pm

Yes - I stated a fact.

And as I said - if you threaten me, I'll call the police.

Maybe you should leave if you can't handle the truth/facts. Us autistics love data.

PS your IP is already logged, so if I take this further, you will hear from the authorities.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 9:41 pm

I look forward to seeing you when you come back.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 11:09 pm

sonicallysensitive wrote:
Yes - I stated a fact.

Maybe you should leave if you can't handle the truth/facts. Us autistics love data.

PS your IP is already logged, so if I take this further, you will hear from the authorities.

Am I missing something here , I didn't see any threats aimed at you. You were told to be careful - this is advice , not a threat.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 5:48 am

I think I will too stay away from politics here on WP if members are going to threaten to get the police, bloody hell.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Feb 2017, 6:11 am

sonicallysensitive wrote:
Yes - I stated a fact.

This is clearly an unacceptable post.

The user in question is a persistent troll who has been warned several times, and was recently told that his next misstep would be his last.

Consequently, he is now permanently banned.

Tick, we would be sorry to see you go. WrongPlanet has rules against racism - please report any racist posts you see.

To everyone else - this is not the time or place to challenge whether it's racist to say black people are more violent.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 7:49 am

The_Walrus wrote:

The user in question is a persistent troll who has been warned several times.......

That explains things then. I hope Tick finds the energy to read these posts. :)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Feb 2017, 8:05 am

There are too many threads about Trump period, staff still have not figured out how to moderate these discussions yet and most people are not capable or interested in having intellectual conversations on the matter so it always degenerates into something ugly. Also, don't confuse posting in a thread with agreeing with OP and everything they say. Sometimes the intentions of the OP are not originally clear but become so later unfortunately.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:09 am

I hope Tick comes back.

Sonic threatening her with the police was beyond absurd; it could be criminal, actually.

It's plain that Tick did not threaten Sonic.

Sonic just likes to have fun at our expense (aka likes to be a troll).

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:12 am

Joe90 wrote:
I think I will too stay away from politics here on WP if members are going to threaten to get the police, bloody hell.

Yeah , I'm not venturing in there either. I don't have the debating skils for a area like that , I know I would just get angry with posters.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:14 am

Even if this guy contacts the police, do you think the police will do anything about it? They'll laugh in his face. They got better things to do.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:20 am

tick wrote:
:pale: There are too many threads supporting Trump and racism that happen here. I just got horribly upset after someone posted this- "Statistics prove blacks are more violent. Fact." :( :cry: Some one actually posted that comment. That sort of thing makes me sick and I don't want to have to be so careful about what thread I look at. I need to leave WP for my health. Thanks and bye to all the nice people on WP who have posted useful threads. I won't be seeing any responses to this post because I don't have the energy to stick around that long. :( :arrow:

I'm really shocked by the support Trump receives on this site, but I think it's a vocal minority attempting to drive away those they disagree with. They are very aggressive. I understand your sentiment.

the_phoenix wrote:
As for the quote that upset you ...
can't you find any facts to post to disprove the quote?

Of course, if you prefer to leave and not deal with politics,
I can respect that.

Saying black people are more disposed to violent behaviour is not a political statement, it is a bigoted one. Let's say I find some source that says white guys are more prone to narcissism and make the claim that white guys are narcissists. How would that go over?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope Tick comes back.

Sonic threatening her with the police was beyond absurd; it could be criminal, actually.

It's plain that Tick did not threaten Sonic.

Sonic just likes to have fun at our expense (aka likes to be a troll).

I know. There is no need for Sonic to threaten to get the police, whatever was said.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:35 am

I'm gonna make a prediction here , this thead will be closed as I believe the powers that be said that this is not the time or place to discuss things racial.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:38 am

Black people are not predisposed to violence because they are black. That's obvious. Race has nothing to do with a person's personality.

People are disposed to violence because of their inborn personality, or how they are raised, or how they feel the world is treating them.

In areas where gangs are rife, it's inevitable that at least some will seek to join them, for various reasons, some of them superficial (like the "thrill of the gang life"), some of them a bit more understandable (they don't have a stable family, so they seek the stable family through the gang).

My personal feeling is that criminal gang members (of whatever ethnicity) should be stamped out, no questions asked.