Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Faby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2007, 11:55 am

Has anyone heard the new Elliott Smith compilation 'New Moon?' If you have, what do you think?

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 2:50 pm

Hi,

Haven't heard that particular album, but i like Elliot Smith, so I'll check it out.

What did you think of it?

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 5:51 pm

I'm still waiting for Amazon to deliver mine, since I failed to pre-order it. But I've already heard most of the material, since it has been leaked and Elliott fans have been trading them for a few years now and I have virtually every leaked song to date. So I already know I like the songs (there's very, very few Elliott songs I don't like), and I'm thrilled they're available on CD now. The only ones I don't have in leaked form are "All Cleaned Out" and "Go By" but from the the samples at Amazon, they sound like solid Elliott songs.

If you're an Elliott fan I think you should get this. It has some superb Elliot songs that somehow didn't make onto a full-length album like "Georgia, Georgia," "Angel in the Snow," "Talking to Mary," "Almost Over," "See You Later," and "Seen How Things Are Hard," plus "Miss Misery" (acoustic version, not the soundtrack version) and "Big Decision" - two of his best songs from that period which have only been available on other various artist compliations. The production quality is vastly better from the leaked MP3s I have, which I can readily tell from the Amazon sample. Larry Crane did a lot of th e production work with the se tracks. Crane had worked with Elliott before during his Kill Rock Stars days, and most of the fans have been praising his work with this comp too.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 5:54 pm

well it's ok. But im not a fan of his. It's not that i dislike him, i just don't get it.