Am I the only one who sits right down on public toilets?

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 12:44 am

beady wrote:
I have used many many toilets that are basically a glorified hole in the ground that flushes.

I like those. They're much better than pissing outside.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 2:58 am

If I have to use a toilet, I just sit on the potty and do it. I do not squat.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 9:08 am

It's hard to get used to squat toilets.

They even have them in Italy. I had to use one once in a railway station there. I didn't do it quite right.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 6:48 am

Tissues...
That also reminds me, tissue papers, soaps, sanitizers, and other cleaning products are almost nonexistent for public use because it's likely that it'll get stolen anyway. :lol: Even the so-called socialites are not above this.

jrjones9933 wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
I only sit, and never squat.

Females at your place must be fussy. :|
From where I live, you cannot go fussy (toilet seat or not) unless you're a rich man's spoiled brat of a daughter or a germaphobe to demand a cleaner toilet, then you will have to hold.

Though, everyone will admit it is gross, they have little to no chance of complaint. So either females here have guts or does not care. :lol:

That made me laugh. See my previous posts on places where I have done my business. I suspect that they would adapt if they had to. It's sad when people have such a narrow comfort zone.

Lots of celebrities adopt germphobia as soon as they can afford it, here.

I had read it.
It was funny... :lol:
And interesting. I have yet to learn and encounter such subcultures in such places. I never ever been in a bar before, or anywhere in any subcultures gathering.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm

Wow, this thread has reminded me that it's actually pretty good to be female sometimes. I could never do what men do. It seems awkward to me. And, yes, I just sit. I wipe the seat down with a piece of toilet paper and then go.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 2:16 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
Wow, this thread has reminded me that it's actually pretty good to be female sometimes. I could never do what men do. It seems awkward to me. And, yes, I just sit. I wipe the seat down with a piece of toilet paper and then go.

How did a discussion about possible dirtiness and infection from toilet seats remind you that it's good to be female?

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm

starkid wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

How did a discussion about possible dirtiness and infection from toilet seats remind you that it's good to be female?

Sorry if I got off-topic, I apologize :oops: I was just thinking that because the males in the thread were talking about their restroom situation and I'm thankful for private stalls and not having to go in front of others.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2017, 2:40 pm

I sit right down on the toilet seat in public places since I'm not that afraid of germs anyway. Also, if I squat, I'm afraid I might pee on myself. That happens every time I pee outdoors (which hasn't been since 2015).

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

There is an instructional video that shows females how to pee standing up. It's called Stand2Pee. You should be able to find it online. I paid 16 dollars for it.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 8:17 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
Sorry if I got off-topic, I apologize :oops: I was just thinking that because the males in the thread were talking about their restroom situation and I'm thankful for private stalls and not having to go in front of others.

It only seems like a big deal because you are used to private stalls, and our culture values shaming people for their bodies.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 8:15 am

If you gotta go, you gotta go.

Just do your business in the urinal, and go!

And, for the "other thing," men do have private stalls, of course.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 2:57 am

^ the stalls in the bathhouse by the beach, where i live? apparently not! 8O

i was terrified of using those as a kid, and things haven't changed.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 1:13 am

Quote:
Actually there was one thing I was going to ask guys, and that is how do you manage to pee in a public urinal? Like how do you do it when there are strangers coming in and out and peeing next to you? If I was a guy I'd always make sure I pee in the toilet, where other men can't see me.

Ugh, this always creeps me out about using men's rooms. I absolutely will not go at a urinal. It's not about shaming people for their bodies, it's more a privacy thing. Women aren't expected to just drop trow in public spaces, so why should guys be expected to whip it out in a crowded room? It's weird, standing next to some dude who you know has his junk in his hands. When using women's rooms though, I don't find women stare at each other, or me unless they're the sort of person to call you out for being androgynous.
Quote:
I am a little taken aback by people thinking avoiding sitting on a public toilet seat is somehow first world or entitled, if I'm understanding the posts.
I lived in Tokyo for five years. It is common in public and occasionally in private homes that toilet seats as we know them do not exist. I have used many many toilets that are basically a glorified hole in the ground that flushes. There is no structure above this hole.

Yup. I've been around places where there isn't a flush, either, which always creeps me out thinking that spiders or waste-eating organisms of some sort are going to come out at me. I was just thinking of western seated toilets since that was the discussion. If you're in the wild, then a cat-hole in the ground does fine. That's never a problem since there's no one around to watch you. I'd love to live in Tokyo - did you learn much Japanese language before living there?
Interestingly, I read somewhere that squat toilets are actually the more correct position for women than sitting down, given anatomical differences.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 2:58 am

I heard that life did once spontaneously evolve in an composting toilet. ;-)

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 2:48 pm

Again, I'm going to thank all the ladies that just sit down instead of being delicate little princesses. Everyone who has ever had to clean a public women's bathroom thanks you.

Edna3362 wrote:
Tissues...
That also reminds me, tissue papers, soaps, sanitizers, and other cleaning products are almost nonexistent for public use because it's likely that it'll get stolen anyway. :lol: Even the so-called socialites are not above this.

Truth!

C2V wrote:
Interestingly, I read somewhere that squat toilets are actually the more correct position for women than sitting down, given anatomical differences.

They're the more correct position for human beings. For 200,000 years, squatting is what women did when they had to go and what men did when they had to poop. We are evolved to do these things squatting.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 10:36 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
starkid wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

same.