Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 9:15 pm

Do someone experience something similar?

Once I read something about how you're defined towards the people who are closer to you as I don't have anyone closer to me I assume maybe that's why it's difficult to understand who I am because I haven't enough contact with people to create an standard

I'm not sure if I'm shy or not
if I'm smart or stupid
etc

I can't measure how much I like or dislike something, I don't feel sure if I like something most of times

it also goes to physical appearance

I don't have an image of who I am

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 9:25 pm

I can feel like a ghost to people, and those around me want to exorcise me and banish me to another relm.

Getting too philosophical and deep, but yes I am going through what you are just as much. You don't lack personality, and trying to mechanically fit a personality is just too much to me.

You are your own unique self like all the others.

Seriously, that was weird for one moment. It just was weird, but I'm keeping it because it reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe.

alltheabove
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2017, 1:49 am

You mean you can't identify your feelings? I'm sure you have a personality. What I see from my side of the screen is maybe disassociation or over intellectualization? Worth a google. Yes, before I started working on my social skills I was very flat. My true self is a very boring person. Which I think is awesome! I often wonder is my Asperger traits is from neglect and bullying? The brain is plastic and you can rewire it to identify feelings and start being more present? That's my personal experience anyways.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 11:47 am

Yes, I can't identify my feelings. I maybe have a personality, but I don't know what it is and I can't remember how it was... I can pretend that I'm something and keep it for a while but I can't fake the way I feel and this can became quite inconsistent which give me social problems because I sometimes behave a way but then in a different group I behave differently but I never develop something that I truly feel

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 12:49 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Your-Own ... 0812932188
You might consider reading this book.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 1:13 pm

Well try looking back at your experience and ask yourself how have they affected you?

I think everyone can find something there.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
Yes, I can't identify my feelings. I maybe have a personality, but I don't know what it is and I can't remember how it was... I can pretend that I'm something and keep it for a while but I can't fake the way I feel and this can became quite inconsistent which give me social problems because I sometimes behave a way but then in a different group I behave differently but I never develop something that I truly feel

No one honestly has real emotions, or can identify with their own feelings. Sometimes, I can say the most exciting things, and those around me could assume I mentioned a recent funeral.

I have watched some independent films made in Europe. The people in those independent films appear more emotionless than anyone I have seen. They have this expressionless monotone face, and they are both serious and excited with exactly the same expressionless face and tone of voice.