How long did it take you to get approved for SSI?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

07 May 2017, 11:24 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It took me around two years.Once I had the court date the judge approved it immediately.He said he had made his decision before he even saw me in court by reading my papers.You still have to wait several months for it to go thru.You do,or did get back pay from the date you applied.
It's basically a waiting game.Supposedly the younger you are,the harder it is to get.

how old where you when you got approved? and was it just for mental conditions or physical conditions also?
i have one physical condition that effects me, type 1 diabetes. but most of mine are mental.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

07 May 2017, 11:25 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I was denied, VocRehab makes you apply here but honestly I should of applied years ago. Since I actually try to better myself despite the toll it takes on me and I don't have a low IQ, I've been judged that I can work but never mind the no experience and anybody actually hiring me. I guess I didn't have good enough documentation, I wish I did more with my life after age 18 until this point. The appeals on the these things take so long, they want to do them over like a TV screen now but that seems totally wrong imo. I want to work if I can but I don't see myself out competing someone else for a job, I really need to get better self esteem.

sorry you got denied :( where you denied at the courts by the judge though?
usually with ssi, you have to apply then appeal until you get selected for a court date.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 10:01 am

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
It took me around two years.Once I had the court date the judge approved it immediately.He said he had made his decision before he even saw me in court by reading my papers.You still have to wait several months for it to go thru.You do,or did get back pay from the date you applied.
It's basically a waiting game.Supposedly the younger you are,the harder it is to get.

how old where you when you got approved? and was it just for mental conditions or physical conditions also?
I have one physical condition that effects me, type 1 diabetes. but most of mine are mental.

I was forty,the only physical condition was a damaged ulnar nerve in the right hand from a childhood injury.Rest were mental.
I have to wonder if it differs from state to state,it seems like other WP members had to wait a very long time for approval and the people I know around here seem to get approved within three years.
Every now and again they send me a form that asks of my condition has changed,I fill it out and send it back.
Never once been called in for a review of my case or anything else like that.Hassle free.
Right now I'm in the process of getting approved for my medical marijuana card.They should be issued here by Dec.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

08 May 2017, 11:06 pm

do you live in California?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 11:36 pm

Arkansas.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

09 May 2017, 10:01 am

that's really cool :D i always thought it would be difficult to get SSI in the state of Arkansas. It was also one of the states i was planning on relocating to as well :)