Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 2:54 am

Designing a future in the fashion industry for people with autism

Quote:
The launch of the Andolsek line was symbolically held on March 4 to showcase the ability of people with autism to "march forward" in any pursuit they choose.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 3:08 am

That's cool but he's not the first autistic fashion designer. Courtney Love had her own fashion line for a while, if I remember rightly a couple other celebrities did too.

I like that he at least found his passion through it though, fashion is so huge and a lot of money can be made in it. I kind of regret not going down that path myself as there's so much you can do.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 3:34 pm

Lunella wrote:
That's cool but he's not the first autistic fashion designer. Courtney Love had her own fashion line for a while, if I remember rightly a couple other celebrities did too.

I like that he at least found his passion through it though, fashion is so huge and a lot of money can be made in it. I kind of regret not going down that path myself as there's so much you can do.
never heard Courtney Love was autistic

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 4:42 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Lunella wrote:

never heard Courtney Love was autistic

Courtney Love: Life Without Kurt How Kurt Cobain's widow is living life after death - Rolling Stone - December 5, 1994
Quote:
When I talk about being introverted, I was diagnosed autistic. At an early age, I would not speak. Then I simply bloomed. My first visit to a psychiatrist was when I was, like, three. Observational therapy. TM for tots. You name it, I've been there.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 4:52 pm

^ Wouldn't be surprised if Kurt was as well.