I heard that President Trump makes fun of people with autism

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2017, 1:20 pm

Yeah, I heard this from someone in my intensive outpatient group. Has anyone else here heard of that? That scares me. What if he decides not to let people with autism have benefits anymore? I also heard that if someone has an electric wheelchair and it breaks, Trump isn't going to provide funding to get it fixed. That's just outrageous! Even though I don't have an electric wheelchair, or any kind of wheelchair for that matter, I still feel sympathy for those who need one to get around. What do the rest of you think about our own president making fun of people with autism?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 1:43 pm

Unsurprised. Bullies bully.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 1:48 pm

I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 1:54 pm

I heard that Trump has built a secret laboratory in the basement of the White House where Steve Bannon boils the blood of Mexican kittens to make a special red dye for the dress uniforms of the American Nazi party.

But then you can't always believe everything you hear.

There Are Four Lights!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 2:34 pm

I won't believe it until I see sources about it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

I haven't seen any evidence yet.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:20 pm

I heard that people with autism make fun of President Trump.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:20 pm

No, Trump mocked a man who happens to have arthrogryposis (Serge Kovaleski), but the mocking wasn't because of his disability (it was for disagreeing with his recollection of an event).

Trump's wife threatened to sue a kid with autism (James Hunter), for making observations about Baron's behavior which he thought were similar to his own (thus indicating possible AS).

I haven't (yet) seen or heard of outright mockery/attacks on the disabled for their disabilities.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

Exuvian wrote:
No, Trump mocked a man who happens to have arthrogryposis (Serge Kovaleski), but the mocking wasn't because of his disability (it was for disagreeing with his recollection of an event).

Trump's wife threatened to sue a kid with autism (James Hunter), for making observations about Baron's behavior which he thought were similar to his own (thus indicating possible AS).

I haven't (yet) seen or heard of outright mockery/attacks on the disabled for their disabilities.

Hogwash. Trump mimicked the physical and speech disability for laughs at a rally. All any sensate person has to do is look at the tape.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:46 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Exuvian wrote:

Hogwash. Trump mimicked the physical and speech disability for laughs at a rally. All any sensate person has to do is look at the tape.

Hogwash. This is another Big Leftist Lie propagated endlessly be the Big Leftist Lie Machine.

Trump has mocked all kinds of people for years with a running-around-crazy schtick, including mocking himself that way (saying that's how he'd act if he was forced to go on a vacation for two weeks).

Anyone who still says "Trump mocked a reporter's disability" is just continuing to propagate the Big Leftist Lie.

There Are Four Lights!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:49 pm

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 4:09 pm

Exuvian wrote:

Whaaa! Was it a non starter or can you sue someone for making an observation about your behaviour?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 4:29 pm

Trump mocked a disabled reporter, but not because of the disability.
This obnoxious shtick is part of Trump's standard repertoire of oblivious self-indulgence, as the video Darmok posted shows. Failing to see this is to give him too much credit.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 4:40 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Exuvian wrote:

Whaaa! Was it a non starter or can you sue someone for making an observation about your behaviour?

It was claimed that Hunter's observations were an attempt to diagnose and character attack Baron. The original video made no such claim (and was actually presented as an anti-bullying message), but the legal threat coaxed the video removal along with an apology stating the opposite.
http://www.enstarz.com/articles/180811/20161201/melania-trump-threatens-lawsuit-hunter-promises-remove-video-speculating-barron.htm

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 4:42 pm

That was probably fake news.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 4:43 pm

It would be very ironic if Trump himself has Autism Spectrum Disorder.