Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?

Page 6 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:50 pm

Yo El wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Yo El wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
If they want to keep calling me a bigot after all that, I really can't argue any further.

Any person today that does not hate Christianity and Islam, is not a moral person.

Both religions are intolerant, homophobic and misogynous and have grown themselves through violence instead of good deeds.

No moral man would promote either religion or their Gods of war.

Regards
DL
Do you also hate religious people or only the religion?

I hate that people sell themselves to immoral religions.

You might wonder how to define love and hate when the great Gods of love and peace, Yahweh and Allah, have indicated that the vast majority of those they love unconditionally, will be tortured uselessly in hell for an awful long time.

There are slight variances between the Gods mentioned so do allow some semantics.

Your hair splitting and trying to dived the person from his religion is foolish.

If the inquisitor or Jihadist is swinging his sword, who should you hate?

Him or his religion that has conditioned him to take your head off?

Regards
DL

Inquisitors are disobeying the word of God. You can't hold God responsible for their action. But it's not like you are going to believe me. So I don't see the whole point of this. It's like taking an example like Stalin( inquisitors) who was responsible for the death of millions of people. And then you are like, well Stalin was an atheist( christian). And saying atheism( christianity) causes devaluation of the human life, deaths, mass murdering and corruption. Soviet Union is a clear example of how getting rid of religion doesn't make the world some happy utopia. Humans still are humans and they will still steal, kill, rape, murder, lie, gossip etc. And atheists aren't the exception of the rule.

If a theist believes in a creator God, then of course he should believe God is responsible.

Sure they blame men but they can only (intelligently, if they have intelligence) follow what they would see as our God given natures.

Sure, Christians and others will throw out their free will card but cannot explain how no one has the free will to not sin or do evil when we have to to evolve and survive. Our evolution forces us to both compete and cooperate and when we compete, as we must, we create what theists see as evil. Meanwhile they themselves do the same evils as everyone else.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:56 pm

Yo El wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Yo El wrote:
[
But the real question here does their faith allow it or not. And if it does are there any sources available that sais so?

Google Mohammed's youngest wife.

You will see that buying child brides is a long and accepted Muslim tradition.

Regards
DL

I'm talking about direct sources straight outta the book. I like primary sources nobody can corrupt them. But I have already heard about the story of Aisha and Muhammed I don't question your legitimacy. I just want to know the exact place of the story.

Google is a good tool for you to do your research for yourself which is the best way to convince yourself of the facts that has Muslim accepting that what Mohammed did was kosher to Islam.

Here is a beginning for you.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/masswedding.asp

Regards
DL

Kovu
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2017, 6:16 pm

Muslims enslaved whites, I don't see why they wouldn't enslave women too.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Again it's something that only exist in the islamist sharia countries, where the dower is really treated as a bride price. I am not denying that women are treated as slaves in countries such as : Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, the conservative communities of Iran, and some parts of Pakistan and maybe in the poorest class of Sudan.

In the less conservative countries, you may still find Dower tradition; they call it a 'mahr'.

Dower means the amount paid by groom to bride, dowry is the opposite, according to dictionary.

Some pre-islamic traditions in non-really-Arab Arabized civilizations still remain: Traditionally, in Egypt for instance, at least among the non-MB and non-salafist people; the bride or her family often bring dowry to marriage often to cover the wedding costs yet the groom may contribute, while groom/his family covers the housing costs as dower yet the groom's family may contribute too, furniture and others costs are usually divided; so it's a dual system of dower/dowry and often negotiable. Doesn't it ring a bell? In lebanon for instance, the mahr is symbolic, almost all costs are divided especially among the middle class yet the groom usually contribute more; even among Christians, the men often contribute more.

So it's like a price tag being put on a bride in some market; yet some greedy brides or greedy parents may treat it as such if they feel their daughter is so desirable.

As for the child brides, the info on Mohammad's child bride comes as a shock to most moderate Muslims; a lot also deny it and convince themselves with specific interpretations that claim she was 16 or 19, not 9.

Again I tell you, most muslims don't know really their religion.

This was a social experiment in a Sunni-majority area in Beirut, the old man, the cemeraman and the child are actors- click on CC to read the english translations, watch it to the end:

Again, thanks for the good info.

That clip may have been staged but it shows all too well the reality of old Muslim men marrying children who likely have no choice and who are definitely too young to make an intelligent choice.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:44 pm

Kovu wrote:
Muslims enslaved whites, I don't see why they wouldn't enslave women too.

It gets worse. In the distant past, black slaves were brought in and castration was the order of the day.

That is why even with the many blacks that were imported, few blacks now live in the Middle East.

Regards
DL

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2017, 2:09 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
If a theist believes in a creator God, then of course he should believe God is responsible.

Sure they blame men but they can only (intelligently, if they have intelligence) follow what they would see as our God given natures.

Sure, Christians and others will throw out their free will card but cannot explain how no one has the free will to not sin or do evil when we have to to evolve and survive. Our evolution forces us to both compete and cooperate and when we compete, as we must, we create what theists see as evil. Meanwhile they themselves do the same evils as everyone else.

Regards
DL
The first man on this earth held God responsible aswell. But he could have intervened at the whole forbidden fruit incident and there would've been nothing wrong. People do however have the free will to not sin. But your will can be influenced by things, which in result can make you sin. Ever heard of the story of David, he got someone killed and stole his wife. But after that David was still a man of God's heart. God understands that people can sin from time to time, but it's what you do after you've sinned what makes you righteous or unrighteous. In David's case he regretted his action and asked for forgiveness, after that he was determined to not do it again. David btw had the Spirit of God over him and still managed to do evil, Christians can still do bad stuff you know. Peace will come though when Jesus returns and establishes his Kingdom.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 7:39 am

God had also been commanding David to commit genocide, allegedly. Just sayin'.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2017, 7:55 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Wait, what is the connection?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:41 am

Yo El wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

I think advocating for genocide destroys all moral authority. I hold gods to a somewhat lower standard than people, but genocide - even genocide against Philistines - crosses the line.

I wish I could remember more about the archaeological evidence from Philistia. I'm just taking a quick break, and I'm on a deadline today, so I can't look for it. I remember them having a fairly advanced culture, and I found it interesting. It's pretty sad that the name of their culture is a slur. Unsurprisingly it appears to have as little basis in reality as other slurs that support genocides.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2017, 9:11 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Yo El wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

I think advocating for genocide destroys all moral authority. I hold gods to a somewhat lower standard than people, but genocide - even genocide against Philistines - crosses the line.

I wish I could remember more about the archaeological evidence from Philistia. I'm just taking a quick break, and I'm on a deadline today, so I can't look for it. I remember them having a fairly advanced culture, and I found it interesting. It's pretty sad that the name of their culture is a slur. Unsurprisingly it appears to have as little basis in reality as other slurs that support genocides.

Yes Hebrew culture is indeed fascinating. However back to the point. Job 1;21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." God gives and God takes. This is the theme of the book of Job, it's a good read. It's part of the Wisdom literature alongside Ecclesiastes and Proverbs. This video is a brief explanation of the books I hope it can clear some things up.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:20 pm

Yo El wrote:
[
Quote:
quote="GnosticBishop"] If a theist believes in a creator God, then of course he should believe God is responsible.

Regards
DL
The first man on this earth held God responsible aswell. But he could have intervened at the whole forbidden fruit incident and there would've been nothing wrong.

Sure. But then you would not have a moral sense. Is that a good thing to you?

Quote:
People do however have the free will to not sin.

This is a lie unless you can name even one. Jesus is out as he is shown to have sinned.

Quote:
But your will can be influenced by things, which in result can make you sin. Ever heard of the story of David, he got someone killed and stole his wife. But after that David was still a man of God's heart.

Torturing David's son for six days before finally killing it, all because of his anger at David.

Rather a prick of a thing to do to one whom you say was a man of God's heart.

Quote:
God understands that people can sin from time to time,

So you know what God understands. Strange since your dogma says he is unknowable and unfathomable. You must be quite special.

Quote:
but it's what you do after you've sinned what makes you righteous or unrighteous. In David's case he regretted his action and asked for forgiveness, after that he was determined to not do it again. David btw had the Spirit of God over him and still managed to do evil, Christians can still do bad stuff you know. Peace will come though when Jesus returns and establishes his Kingdom.
[/quote]

Tell us, was God's murder of David's son righteous?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:29 pm

Yo El wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Yo El wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Yes Hebrew culture is indeed fascinating. However back to the point. Job 1;21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." God gives and God takes. This is the theme of the book of Job, it's a good read. .

Job 2;3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

God admitting he was moved to do evil by Satan.

So much for God being good.

You can blame the hit man Satan alone but to ignore the one who paid for the hit would be you not wanting to face reality and you would be showing poor morals by exonerating your evil demiurge.

Regards
DL

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 10:39 pm

Not really, just Barchan. 8)

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:43 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Yo El wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Yo El wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Yes Hebrew culture is indeed fascinating. However back to the point. Job 1;21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." God gives and God takes. This is the theme of the book of Job, it's a good read. .

Job 2;3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

God admitting he was moved to do evil by Satan.

So much for God being good.

You can blame the hit man Satan alone but to ignore the one who paid for the hit would be you not wanting to face reality and you would be showing poor morals by exonerating your evil demiurge.

Regards
DL

There actually is a group of Christians who believe God is both good and bad.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2017, 4:00 am

Deleted post

Last edited by Yo El on 25 Mar 2017, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2017, 4:20 am

Deleted post

Last edited by Yo El on 25 Mar 2017, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.