Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 9:46 pm

This as an idea I have been pondering today which I see as something which can be very much possible judging by the sentiments I have seen in the autistic community.

Many autistic people have expressed frustration and anger over the way society has treated them. Many are upset over having been treated unfairly, stereotyped as lacking empathy etc. What if one day someone came along expressed the same frustration for having seen autistic people being treated that way and promised to change society by eliminating those responsible for the suffering from their jobs the psychologists, therapists etc. Would this said person gain much support could he/she tap into a feeling of anger?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 9:53 pm

Could an Autistic Trump exist?

Yes. under those conditions you described I agree it is possible.

Is actual Trump Autistic?

No, he's just a dick.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:51 pm

I'm not sure. I feel like I've been wronged by many people. Unjust and unfair conditions between me and others are just part of my life. But then I realize that solitude is actually a very good thing for me. It allows me safety and freedom, self determination and rejuvenation. But back to your question.

I think that if someone came along and promised everyone with ASPD freedoms from our societal bounds then indeed there would be many people who would stand by them, but there would be just as large of a backlash from someone like me. I believe society is OK the way it is, and to improve it is advisable, but to do something too hastily and have it result in a setback is clearly not the desired outcome.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:57 pm

wrongcitizen wrote:
I'm not sure. I feel like I've been wronged by many people. Unjust and unfair conditions between me and others are just part of my life. But then I realize that solitude is actually a very good thing for me. It allows me safety and freedom, self determination and rejuvenation. But back to your question.

I think that if someone came along and promised everyone with ASPD freedoms from our societal bounds then indeed there would be many people who would stand by them, but there would be just as large of a backlash from someone like me. I believe society is OK the way it is, and to improve it is advisable, but to do something too hastily and have it result in a setback is clearly not the desired outcome.
Maybe, I am very curious if some form of autistic populism could work.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Mar 2017, 11:19 pm

Work for what? Maybe if we held a vote here but we're not a big enough concentrated bloc of voters to actually effect an election.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 11:20 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Work for what? Maybe if we held a vote here but we're not a big enough concentrated bloc of voters to actually effect an election.
I am talking about activism.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 7:51 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
This as an idea I have been pondering today which I see as something which can be very much possible judging by the sentiments I have seen in the autistic community.

Many autistic people have expressed frustration and anger over the way society has treated them. Many are upset over having been treated unfairly, stereotyped as lacking empathy etc. What if one day someone came along expressed the same frustration for having seen autistic people being treated that way and promised to change society by eliminating those responsible for the suffering from their jobs the psychologists, therapists etc. Would this said person gain much support could he/she tap into a feeling of anger?

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Trump (or a Trump-like entity). :-?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 8:10 pm

QuillAlba wrote:

Yes. under those conditions you described I agree it is possible.

Is actual Trump Autistic?

No, he's just a dick.

Real trump, well its like having an angry little kid for president....just hard to see him as the president or take him seriously as one.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 8:14 pm

Shahunshah wrote:

I would not support someone like that. I've certainly been treated unfairly in the past and suffered a lot of bullying....but it does no good to dwell in bitterness. Perhaps some of the bullies had issues and such themselves, maybe sometimes I instigated it by making them feel bullied first. I mean I have autism there is a good chance I could have accidentally pissed people off without realizing it due to not being on quite the same page as my peers as far as interaction.

I don't think rounding up anyone who's ever wronged me and eliminating them is a solution. If I saw a person I remembered from school who was a jerk to me on the side of the road with car trouble and was in a position to help I would.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 8:27 pm

Read PPR for yourself, and decide if one leader could ever unite us

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 9:19 pm

No no no no no no just no no no no no no.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 9:21 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
No no no no no no just no no no no no no.

Why?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 9:25 pm

A very badly worded question.

What exactly IS.. "a Trump"?

You hafta define that. To be more precise ..you need to tell us what aspect of Trump, and his ascent to power, you are talking about.

On top of that Trump is such a polarizing figure. The reader assumes you are attaching some value judgement to being a "Trump". And a rather extreme judgement which could be either good or bad (most folks consider him one extreme or the other).

What you seem to be saying is "Trump is a populist (or he is a "rabble rouser"). And he is also a scapegoater".

So what you seem to be asking is "could a rabble rouser rise to power by tapping into the anger of autistic voters by scapegoating whomever it is that autistics see as their tormentors in society (am an HFA myself and dont even know who those bad folks would even be that I am supposed to be hating)?

Like Jacoby said autistics are such a tiny voting bloc that it would be pointless for a politician to rouse the autistic rabble against anything!

Though a politician might conceivably rouse the autistic rabble to his side while at the same time appealling to other angry interest groups, and try to forge an alliance of common cause between autistics and other groups (minorities, or like Trump himself- white male blue collar workers- or with gays, or with Eskimos, or whomever)

liminal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

Shahunshah wrote:

I've never heard of narcissistic personality disorder as being a condition co-morbid to ASD.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 10:52 pm

liminal wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

I've never heard of narcissistic personality disorder as being a condition co-morbid to ASD.

What's up with that? Do medical professionals never see someone with both, or do they present similarly enough to make the professionals choose one or the other?

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

An autistic Trump already does exist and his name is Barron.

Last edited by JohnnyLurg on 21 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.