Do you think his friends are right about his weight?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 2:42 pm

One of my former associates is 6ft 1/2 and claims to weigh 252 pounds (he is naturally large built). He is being working out like hell at the gym to get to that weight.

I remember him bragging about his weight at the bar and one of his female friends said to him how it is bad to weight that much for his weight.

Do you think they make a good point about him being too heavy?

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:31 am

I do, but they sound as if they're mocking him. They should be more respectful. If they were to point out his weight for health concerns, there'd be no issue. If you ask the doctor your weight and you're 20 pounds overweight, do you think he'll say, "You're not overweight."

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Mar 2017, 7:41 am

According to BMI he would still be considered obese, some people are just big tho and have different builds so that's not a great measurement but it's good that your friend is working hard. Shouldn't make fun of people for trying.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:14 am

If you consider BMI, they are, but many strength trainers (weight lifters, body builders, MMA fighters...) are considered obese.
The BMI scale is of very limited value, and shouldn't be used really.

The problem in this case is that muscle is heavier than fat, which makes BMI even less useful than it would normally be.