Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:58 pm

Can a person give up on doing art?

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2017, 1:37 am

For me art means:
Expressing subjective views and inner feelings in a not-worldly/magical/not-literal way. Real art should be a special thing. Unfortunately there is a lot of junk/fake productions out there that misuse art to merely insult, manipulate other people. I think that this - for me - is the separation between high and low art.

Next to these two kinds of art, you could deferentiate ordinary art. By this I mean eg expressions of feelings on the faces/eyes of beings. In this meaning a being with a natural ability to express could probably never give up on doing art.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 2:23 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Can a person give up on doing art?

Yes.
Are so many factors involved in such a thing, too many to figure what is happening in another person.
Might be a temporary thing, might be permanent. And that might or might not be the result of a change in something in your being with that change being maybe permanent maybe for just a time.
That change could be a transition to a new phase in life and identity, or it might be caused by some kind of trouble.

But, yes, the short answer is yes.
The long answer is very, very, long.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 2:45 pm

I'd rather not. My art, which is fiction writing, is the only thing giving my joblessness and alcohol consumption any credibility. :lol: