Page 2 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 8:16 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
I don't think Eras is a newbie to politics. You do have actually in depth understanding I think.

I didn't start taking an interest in politics until a year ago at the most. However, I have found time and time again that my ideas of things get expressed verbatim by those who have been into the subject or actually in politics for decades.
Cool. I have been interested in politics well for basically 6 years. But I am impressed by how quickly you have learnt all that you did. Up until say early 2015, my political beliefs were mainly sprouting left wing talking points. You on the other hand have moved beyond that allot quickly. I think its impressive. Its really cool to have a somewhat objective viewpoint of these issues.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 9:14 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
I don't think Eras is a newbie to politics. You do have actually in depth understanding I think.

I didn't start taking an interest in politics until a year ago at the most. However, I have found time and time again that my ideas of things get expressed verbatim by those who have been into the subject or actually in politics for decades.
Cool. I have been interested in politics well for basically 6 years. But I am impressed by how quickly you have learnt all that you did. Up until say early 2015, my political beliefs were mainly sprouting left wing talking points. You on the other hand have moved beyond that allot quickly. I think its impressive. Its really cool to have a somewhat objective viewpoint of these issues.

Thank you. I'm sure over many years I have absorbed quite a bit with the news being on, what I've picked up in school and so forth. And l have always liked history quite a lot. It's probably really the historical aspect that intrigues me. This man probably most thought would never become President actually did. The reactions of those who didn't want him as president. The overtly desperate methods taken agaist him in various forms. It's all been quite interesting.

I think it's this incredible amount of desperation and anger I've seen, from commercials with celebrities pleading with electors to change their vote to people sending them death threats. All the protests/riots that took place before he was even sworn in. The proclamations of him already being the worst president in history and constant predictions of him being impeached before he even took office.

They already have him on trial over claims that have never been substantiated. Never substantiated because somehow any actual proof presented would supposedly have dire consequences against national security and the lives of intelligence personnel would be in great jeopardy etc. "We have concrete evidence, but if we divulge it, it will cause a disaster, so you will just have to take our word for it". And the number of citizens who go along with that. It's all quite remarkable.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 10:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Thank you. I'm sure over many years I have absorbed quite a bit with the news being on, what I've picked up in school and so forth. And l have always liked history quite a lot. It's probably really the historical aspect that intrigues me. This man probably most thought would never become President actually did. The reactions of those who didn't want him as president. The overtly desperate methods taken agaist him in various forms. It's all been quite interesting.

I think it's this incredible amount of desperation and anger I've seen, from commercials with celebrities pleading with electors to change their vote to people sending them death threats. All the protests/riots that took place before he was even sworn in. The proclamations of him already being the worst president in history and constant predictions of him being impeached before he even took office.

They already have him on trial over claims that have never been substantiated. Never substantiated because somehow any actual proof presented would supposedly have dire consequences against national security and the lives of intelligence personnel would be in great jeopardy etc. "We have concrete evidence, but if we divulge it, it will cause a disaster, so you will just have to take our word for it". And the number of citizens who go along with that. It's all quite remarkable.
It certainly does seem that the left has gone extremely erratic over this issue. But then Trump is pretty erratic himself.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 2:45 am

Shahunshah wrote:
It certainly does seem that the left has gone extremely erratic over this issue. But then Trump is pretty erratic himself.

Indeed. And it probably would have been best to have left all the erratic behavior to him. Instead things are crazy on both sides.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 7:26 am

Quote:
Nunes said he received the new intelligence information after that hearing. He said it revealed that Trump’s transition associates — and perhaps Trump himself — had their communications picked up through legal surveillance.

The surveillance was conducted legally, Nunes said, and did not appear to be related to the FBI’s Russia investigation. He said his concern was that the identities of the Trump officials were improperly revealed and the contents of their communications were “widely disseminated” in intelligence reports.

Speaking to reporters outside the White House, Nunes said, “What I’ve read bothers me, and I think it should bother the president himself and his team.”

Globe & Mail: Intel chair apologizes to Democrats as credibility of Russia probe questioned

So, still no evidence that Obama wiretapped Trump. But unexpected evidence of a legal surveillance that picked up Trump as a 3rd party.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Mar 2017, 10:42 am

You don't "pick up" someone else in legal surveillance, at that point it becomes illegal surveillance and if this information was collected/retained/disseminated and passed around the Obama administration to use against his political opponents then he is in big trouble. Using a round about way of investigating your political opponents would be a grave grave crime. Crying about Nunes not following the idiot and straight up seditious Democratic narrative is funny because it shows your hand, it's all a witch hunt against Trump and Democrats do not care about evidence or truth which is why they get so upset about somebody actually bringing those into accord.

I like Ezra btw, calling him immature is somewhat amusing considering how the 'middle aged' posters on this board seem to conduct themselves especially towards him. I think there are a few 40+ year olds here that need to grow up.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

Jacoby wrote:
You don't "pick up" someone else in legal surveillance, at that point it becomes illegal surveillance and if this information was collected/retained/disseminated and passed around the Obama administration to use against his political opponents then he is in big trouble.

This is just not true. If a third party is heard/seen during surveillance of a legal target, the surveillance does not become illegal. Where did you hear otherwise?

Jacoby wrote:
I like Ezra btw, calling him immature is somewhat amusing considering how the 'middle aged' posters on this board seem to conduct themselves especially towards him. I think there are a few 40+ year olds here that need to grow up.

I never called Ezra immature and I don't dislike him.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:07 am

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
You don't "pick up" someone else in legal surveillance, at that point it becomes illegal surveillance and if this information was collected/retained/disseminated and passed around the Obama administration to use against his political opponents then he is in big trouble.

This is just not true. If a third party is heard/seen during surveillance of a legal target, the surveillance does not become illegal. Where did you hear otherwise?

Jacoby wrote:

No, what you are saying that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You get a warrant signed off by a judge for something very specific and anything 'incidental' or accidentally 'picked up' must not be recorded, collected, or retained or else that would be illegal surveillance. Period. To keep that information and to use it against your political opponents as Obama officials have in their leaks to the media is a serious crime. Using a 'legal investigation' as a roundabout way of masking your real target in surveillance would be highly illegal and that may very well be the case as the Obama administration was denied a FISA warrant against Trump specifically.

The real truth is that their is bulk surveillance in some fashion on almost all electronic communications, they filter and retain everything and have created 'profiles' for millions and millions of people. Not unprecedented at all in the US, they idea that they're doing this now with the internet shouldn't be a shock to anyone that knew what they were doing before. Obama used intelligence information against his political opponents, he is worse than Nixon. Obama also spied on the US Senate, the House, and SCOTUS as has been previously confirmed.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:15 am

Jacoby wrote:
You get a warrant signed off by a judge for something very specific and anything 'incidental' or accidentally 'picked up' must not be recorded, collected, or retained or else that would be illegal surveillance.

You are making this up.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

androbot01 wrote:
Quote:
Nunes said he received the new intelligence information after that hearing. He said it revealed that Trump’s transition associates — and perhaps Trump himself — had their communications picked up through legal surveillance.

The surveillance was conducted legally, Nunes said, and did not appear to be related to the FBI’s Russia investigation. He said his concern was that the identities of the Trump officials were improperly revealed and the contents of their communications were “widely disseminated” in intelligence reports.

Speaking to reporters outside the White House, Nunes said, “What I’ve read bothers me, and I think it should bother the president himself and his team.”

Globe & Mail: Intel chair apologizes to Democrats as credibility of Russia probe questioned

So, still no evidence that Obama wiretapped Trump.

It absolutely just blows-my-mind that you still hold-fast to this belief, when right in your own quote, it says "The surveillance was conducted legally". AFAIK, someone has to order surveillance, for it to be considered "legal"----and, I doubt very much that there will ever be any PROOF that President Obama ordered it (as in, a paper signed by him----cuz, again, the whole point would be so that it WASN'T traced back to him)----but, again, your own quote says: "the contents of their communications were 'widely disseminated' in intelligence reports", and if you think President Obama didn't at least know SOMETHING about it, then there's nothing I can do, to help ya.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:23 am

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
You get a warrant signed off by a judge for something very specific and anything 'incidental' or accidentally 'picked up' must not be recorded, collected, or retained or else that would be illegal surveillance.

You are making this up.

You don't know what you're talking about

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:35 am

androbot01 wrote:

No? You told him to "Grow-up"----what's the difference!!

Also, you may not dislike him, as-a-WHOLE, but I get the feeling that you and that other 40+ person on here, who goes after him, on almost a daily basis, like to sit in eager anticipation of him saying something that you and what you seem to think is your aged wisdom, can attack----IOW, your posts to him come-across as someone who thinks a kid shouldn't be discussing adult issues, cuz you will know better, than him.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:42 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
...but, again, your own quote says: "the contents of their communications were 'widely disseminated' in intelligence reports", and if you think President Obama didn't at least know SOMETHING about it, then there's nothing I can do, to help ya.

It doesn't matter if he was aware of the widely disseminated information, the charge Trump made is that Obama ordered it, of which there is still no proof.

Jacoby wrote:
You don't know what you're talking about

I don't make stuff up.

Campin_Cat wrote:

I told him to grow up in the context of him calling Feinstein old.

Campin_Cat wrote:
... I get the feeling that you and that other 40+ person on here, who goes after him, [/qute]
Who is that?

Campin_Cat wrote:
...your posts to him come-across as someone who thinks a kid shouldn't be discussing adult issues, cuz you will know better, than him.

I find Ezra's contributions to be more about him than the topic, which I find tiresome.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

Jacoby wrote:
Using a 'legal investigation' as a roundabout way of masking your real target in surveillance would be highly illegal and that may very well be the case as the Obama administration was denied a FISA warrant against Trump specifically.

That's, IMO, the whole situation, right there, in a nutshell.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
...but, again, your own quote says: "the contents of their communications were 'widely disseminated' in intelligence reports", and if you think President Obama didn't at least know SOMETHING about it, then there's nothing I can do, to help ya.

It doesn't matter if he was aware of the widely disseminated information, the charge Trump made is that Obama ordered it, of which there is still no proof.

With something of this magnitude, when somebody's ADMINISTRATION does something, then that somebody is held accountable----and, again, your own quote says there's evidence that someone in President Obama's administration, surveilled President-Elect (at-the-time) Trump.

androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I told him to grow up in the context of him calling Feinstein old.

Then you need to not make such blanket statements. It would've come-across WAAAAAY better if you had said, something like: "I think you need to grow-up in the way you're thinking, on this issue".

Would that take too long to write----then, just remember..... When one makes a matter-of-fact (blanket) statement, one can expect someone else to come after them, on it.

androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
...I get the feeling that you and that other 40+ person on here, who goes after him...

Who is that?

LOL Nice try----but, I won't be taking that bait, today!!

androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
...your posts to him come-across as someone who thinks a kid shouldn't be discussing adult issues, cuz you will know better, than him.

I find Ezra's contributions to be more about him than the topic, which I find tiresome.

They're not about him, until you MAKE them about him----and, if you think they're tiresome, here's an idea..... DON'T read them!! But, like I said, I get the feeling that you sit in anticipation of them----like, you (and that other person) make it a sport of putting him down, to make yourself(ves), look better / so you can feel better about yourself (which is, BTW, why I think you, seemingly, like to also passive-aggressively put-down the U.S., by putting-down President Trump)----and, if you're threatened / intimidated / whatever by a kid, then I really feel sorry for ya.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 12:46 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
...but, like I said, I get the feeling that you sit in anticipation of them----like, you (and that other person) make it a sport of putting him down, to make yourself(ves), look better / so you can feel better about yourself (which is, BTW, why I think you, seemingly, like to also passive-aggressively put-down the U.S., by putting-down President Trump)----and, if you're threatened / intimidated / whatever by a kid, then I really feel sorry for ya.

Lol, I really don't put that much thought into it.

As for the U.S., you guys elected an idiot for president. He has embarrassed your country internationally and has thrown it's government into chaos. While you guys have that dufus representing your country, you'll continue to be a laughing stock in the international community.