Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 9:11 am

Most of time I'm just sitting at home alone reading stuff at internet I don't even care about. I have some ideas but I just feel too tired all time to do anything, to think anything. All seems so pointless but I have no energy to change.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 9:31 am

I feel the exact same way. Depression and loneliness has that effect on me. You may benefit from consulting a doctor, talking to a therapist, joining some kind of social group, that sort of stuff.

Just sitting around and letting these feelings stew won't get you anywhere unfortunately; they'll get worse and likely lead you into self-destructive habits, if you don't already suffer from them.

Everwolf
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

If you think your life is pointless, watch "A Question of Origins" on youtube, full documentary, might give you a different perspective on the meaning of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bls2D0jMK84

the vater
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2017, 10:26 am

questions:

Do you exercise or meditate?

What are those ideas you have?

OK these are the questions i had

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 11:07 am

the vater wrote:
questions:

Do you exercise or meditate?

What are those ideas you have?

OK these are the questions i had

I don't, I'm trying to do any exercise but the offer in my city is very limited and I don't feel like walking because it's mostly ugly and too hot, there is no park or something like that. But even when I used to do yoga I felt like that.

Ideas about things to do... like create a blog, or do exercise, or some activity related to my life or university, for example I want to map the bus routes of my city because you can't find it anywhere and then I wanted to make a map for the bus stops and put it online for people... I started doing it already, but I don't find strength to keep with it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 9:34 pm

Most of time I'm just sitting at home alone reading stuff at internet I don't even care about. I have some ideas but I just feel too tired all time to do anything, to think anything. All seems so pointless but I have no energy to change.

likewise

almost all the precious lil "friends" i had in the past dumped me. and besides, they followed a certain pattern. and i get the feeling, as the correctly told me, "most people" act just like that. and that is not a good thing.

same thing with jobs. all the jobs i had were minimum wage. went to plenty of job interviews. got rejected.

at this point, no precious lil "friends" and no minimum wage job.

seems like there's nothing left out there for me, positively. :ninja:

but whatever.

and i get little or nothing done all day long too.

in my defense, however, plenty of precious lil "people" act like their lives are so meaningful. but maybe they are just arrogant and self-important.

in other words, maybe everyone's life is pointless. or at least more pointless than they act like.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 7:55 am

Same here.
I think it might have a lot to do with coming up with a solid plan about what you want to do, how you can get from where you are to where you want to be, what services to enlist to help or what steps you have to take - just plan it all out methodically so you have a clear focus and hopefully, provide yourself some motivation.
That's what I'm trying to do. Things are empty now, but I'm working on a plan about how I could change things and what I want to get out of it and why.
Maybe such an approach might help you.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 8:47 am

Everwolf wrote:
If you think your life is pointless, watch "A Question of Origins" on youtube, full documentary, might give you a different perspective on the meaning of life.

Haven't watched it but I will wonder if the meaning of life is to make a life of meaning.

zzaspergerzz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2017, 8:43 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:

Can relate to this - there is nothing that I am interested in, and everything feels futile.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm

"Can relate to this - there is nothing that I am interested in, and everything feels futile."

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :ninja: :jester: :heart:

yes, sir. yes, ma'am.

likewise. in the past (and still in the current), i have had various obsessions.

for example:

eating a certain number servings per food group daily. without effort or awareness, i count them.

drinking what is now 5 liters water daily. a lot for someone under 110#

sleeping or lying in bed 8 hours daily

leaving the dungeon at least 10 hours daily

not showering for 216 days

getting obsessed about random s**t and asking meaningless questions

in the past, obsessed about biking, running, martial arts, lifting weights

at this point, ain't interested in nothing. at least, nothing that appears productive. on the other hand, nothing appears productive. precious little "friends" end up dumping me sooner or later. they all act like special snowflakes. in Dr Spock fashion. but they are all the same. they label everything and everyone as completely good or bad. they say "huh" and "what" instead of "excuse me". they correct me every time i do or say the slightest thing wrong. and it is "wrong" if they do not like or understand it. while they act like they can do no wrong. :skull:

and then they dump me on facebook.

precious lil "most people" are not worth the energy it takes to interact with them. they truly believe they have a moral right to never have to do, get, or become anything they do not like. entitled little idiots.

yes everything feels futile.

school

work

transition from female to male

social interactions

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 1:48 pm

That's how I feel. I go to work and then go home and sit by myself. Nothing else to do. Family tells me I should talk to a therapist so I can get on anti depressants. I tell them I don't need anti depressants. I know exactly why I'm depressed and unless they can make friends/relationships/interests appear out of thin air, pills aren't going to help.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 2:29 pm

Bataar wrote:
That's how I feel. I go to work and then go home and sit by myself. Nothing else to do. Family tells me I should talk to a therapist so I can get on anti depressants. I tell them I don't need anti depressants. I know exactly why I'm depressed and unless they can make friends/relationships/interests appear out of thin air, pills aren't going to help.

I feel like this about therapy as well

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 9:48 pm

I feel this way too.

The_Blode
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2017, 1:53 am

^ alright. . .not gonna lie, I identify with OP as well and some of you guys. . .I just wonder what people like us did BEFORE the Internet came along. . .I wonder. . .

But yeah, just out of curiousity. . .and you don't have to answer. . .but what kind of things do you read on the Internet. . .could that be a problem?

No life is pointless. . .remember, you're only young so you have time to figure out the point to all of this. . .the energy thing can be improved. . .it's not permanent. . .

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:08 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I feel this way too.

likewise. but

maybe everyone's life is pointless, not just yours and the OP's. but some precious lil "people" are so arrogant that they truly believe that their lives are so important and meaningful.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 8:19 am

I have been talking with my therapist about having similar feeling concerning a lack of meaning and purpose in life.

He is suggesting that it is up to me to make my own meaning and purpose in my own life, since I will never find it in my apartment.

I think he might be onto something there.