Does anyone with autisim and adhd relate?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

lifeisterrible
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2017, 11:27 pm

In school i want to focus on my work learing etc....but i cant no matter how hard i try....my mind lose intrest and goes somewhere else. I can barely sit still.....today we took a 4 hour test...i didnt get passed question 5....and theres like 60....i can look at the computer for hours and not focus...but its not on purpose....idk what to do....the school doesnt know about the adhd.. Only the autism...can ant relate

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2017, 11:49 pm

lifeisterrible wrote:
In school i want to focus on my work learing etc....but i cant no matter how hard i try....my mind lose intrest and goes somewhere else. I can barely sit still.....today we took a 4 hour test...i didnt get passed question 5....and theres like 60....i can look at the computer for hours and not focus...but its not on purpose....idk what to do....the school doesnt know about the adhd.. Only the autism...can ant relate

Lack of focus can also be an autistic trait; the tendency to "space out" is shared between ADHD and autism. Stimulants can help improve concentration, and you can take them as needed. Perhaps talk to your doctor about this?

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 2:28 am

Always been that way! If i look back on all my report cards throughout the years, they all say "needs to focous" "has difficulty focousing. If i wasnt interested i couldnt focous, simple as that. I never figured it out either, my brain would just blank out in the middle of classes and id miss the whole lesson.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 4:02 am

Within the next few weeks I am to undergo an MRI scan for this very reason.

I honestly believe that I have been absent-minded the majority of my life. I am hoping to discern if it's related to autism, inattentive ADHD (yet to be diagnosed), anxiety and depression. But I fear it could be the result of a TBI.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 4:09 am

Okay this is it, I'm going to give this my full concentration.

20 minutes later realize my mind went somewhere else for the last 15 minutes.

svaughan
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2017, 5:12 am

I'm 30 now but used o fall asleep in class all the time. I would have to be interested to focus. If I was interested then I'd end up with an A if not then often an F. I used to skip classes when I was around 14-16 as generally wasn't interested in most classes. I have a very low boredom threshold. I now have a degree but still could have done better if I'd have turned up to more lessons.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 2:44 pm

Not a test, but the other day, my teacher assigned 20 questions to do during class. When I read the questions, I couldn't focus enough to make sense of what they were saying. By the time I read the end of the question, I had already forgotten what the beginning of the question said.

Like you said, I want to focus, but my mind goes elsewhere. I finished the 1st question and then started to draw some weird stuff. When it was time to turn it in, I realised I'd gotten nowhere.

mauloch_baal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2017, 9:21 am

lifeisterrible wrote:

Adderall is a godsend for things like this. At least for me Adderall and an anti depressant / anti anxiety works well. I am actually calmer on the two, hopefully it would work the same for you but only one way to find out.