Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2017, 10:48 pm

Yesterday I took out my trash, I also did my laundry, I spend toooo much time in the sun (I have psoriasis, it is all over my body & my head too. Sun is my enemy, it made me worse in the 70s -90s, that was one of the reasons why I stayed home more, I was so scared of the sun) Anyway last night I was so badly itching, I was scratching in bed, my head felt like it was on fire & my back was hurting too, I scratched my head too much, it got irritated & I think I made it bleed, my back was so itching too, I made my back bleed. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't, I came in my living room, I turned on my tv & sat in my recliner chair, within few minutes I fell asleep in my chair.

Is there an easier way to take out the trash?

I think this in the right place, don't know.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2017, 11:01 pm

Sorry. Don't know that I would have any ideas you hadn't already had.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 9:58 am

I sometimes only come out at night. I have sensitivities to light too, though not due psoriasis. You could just restrict yourself to taking it out at night time when your skin is bad.
Also have you tried steroid lotion? It's prescription, but works wonders for me. I have occasional psoriasis on my head and around my ears, especially when I've been consistently sweaty, and the steroid lotion is the only thing that clears it up. Usually within about a week - wonderful stuff.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Apr 2017, 3:51 pm

Have you tired any oral medications for psoriasis? There was one that I seen advertised on TV awhile back & I'm sure there's other meds that are for it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

NikNak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2017, 9:43 pm

Try switching to taking the trash out at night. It's perfectly acceptable to do so and will limit your sun exposure.

My dad has really bad psoriasis and has baths with Epsom salts which provides him some relief- perhaps you could try that if you haven't before?
My dad also is very particular about what skincare and wash products he uses and wears a hat out when it's sunny. Certain dietary changes may also help a little. (Apologies if you have already tried all of this!)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 8:24 am

Do what my GF did , find a man to take out the trash for you :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard