Conservatism is my salvation from 'Neurotypical oppression'

Page 10 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 2:58 am

I don't get why so many people on here support conservative politics. If conservatives ran everything, we'd all be relegated to asylums like we were in the bad old days.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 8:37 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I don't get why so many people on here support conservative politics. If conservatives ran everything, we'd all be relegated to asylums like we were in the bad old days.

We wouldn't because that costs tax money.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 11:39 pm

We'd all be put down.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 11:53 pm

That healthcare bill Trump is trying to get passed doesn't seem much like salvation from anything, that is for sure.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 11:10 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

For being too bookish?

The association of crime with mental diseases, and prisons with sanitariums, is post-Enlightenment.

I think, if someone was too reticent, under paleo-conservatism, that would be considered a moral flaw, along the lines of cowardice. You probably wouldn't get put in the dungeon, unless it resulted in a costly mistake.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 11:16 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
That healthcare bill Trump is trying to get passed doesn't seem much like salvation from anything, that is for sure.

It was once called Romney-care, before it was Obama-care, then Trump-care. People are fighting over the same basic framework, or who gets to put their name on that.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 6:38 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

For being too bookish?

The association of crime with mental diseases, and prisons with sanitariums, is post-Enlightenment.

I think, if someone was too reticent, under paleo-conservatism, that would be considered a moral flaw, along the lines of cowardice. You probably wouldn't get put in the dungeon, unless it resulted in a costly mistake.

For being different. Conservatives aren't accepting of people who aren't normal. And yes, that can include people who are too "bookish". Ever heard of anti-intellectualism?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 6:53 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

... or they would accuse us of being demonically possessed.

... or we would just starve on the streets.

Capitalism: You can sometimes move up through the system if you have perfect social skills. Otherwise, you aren't going anywhere.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 10:25 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

... or they would accuse us of being demonically possessed.

... or we would just starve on the streets.

Capitalism: You can sometimes move up through the system if you have perfect social skills. Otherwise, you aren't going anywhere.

Absolutely. You can't be a minority and in good faith support right-wing politics. People with autism, we're a minority. Society is built by neurotypicals for neurotypicals, and you know what the right wing supports? Keeping things the same, keeping them so that we remain oppressed. Conservatism isn't salvation from neurotypical oppression, conservatism supports neurotypical oppression.