This happens frequently between 11pm and 2am US central time

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 11:06 pm

This happens frequently between 11pm and 2am US central time.
Typical chain of events:
I'll be on a page logged in, then go to list of new posts, or home page, and be shown not be logged in.
Then pages won't load for a minute.
Then going to a page it will load and I'll be logged in.
Then no pages will load for a couple minutes.
Then they will load and I'll be logged in.
Pretty much self evident something is wonky somewhere.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm

And now this

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 12:08 am

And now this.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 8:24 pm

Don't know whether this is the same phenomenon, but the WP site has been unusable for much of the past 4 hours (from about 10 pm to 2 am UK time). 'Error 502 Bad Gateway' message from Cloudflare, something about a problem with the WP server. Also 'Error 521' during the last few minutes.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm

Didn't think to get a screen shot when a little bit ago after getting home I got on and before letting me post a comment a screen came up for a few moments saying Cloudflare was checking to see if my computer was or was not part of a denial of service attack.
Screen changed back to post comment before my brain got past "WTF is This??????" to think to hit print screen key.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 11:14 pm

Here we go again again again again again again again again.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 11:21 pm

Here we go again once more.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 11:27 pm

Then after coming back for a minute or so.
Come on, this has become farcical in a sad pathetic sort of wayway.
Do you really think it is believable that an autism forum doesn't have some kind of autistic computer savant who can fix the forum software?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 11:34 pm

The absurdity is strong in this one.
Then after coming back for a minute or so.
Come on, this has become farcical in a sad pathetic sort of way.
Do you really think it is believable that an autism forum doesn't have some kind of autistic computer savant who can fix the forum software?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 11:42 pm

Inexcusable. This BS is just plain inexcusable.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 12:06 am

On again off again continues.
I'm looking for stronger words than pathetic, absurd, and inexcusable but haven't found them yet.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 12:38 am

yeah its impossible
more than half an hour
everytime you go to a post wp falls out

===and why passing through all these nonsensepages that take hours to go through, there must be another way
(your post has been submitted, return to the userpage, etc whatever)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 3:01 am

It was pretty bad earlier tonight. It has been getting worse and is occurring at all hours of the day.

Software needs to be scrapped and the forum needs to be rebulit from scratch because every fix just creates more problems. This has been going on since this software was put in a few years back.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 3:04 am

There is no use in my saying anything more after this: what good will it do.
Well, one last thing to say: get off your fat lazy asses and learn how the effing hell to run a website.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 8:58 am

Yeah, I'm getting 521 errors, every few minutes----dudn't matter if it's morning or evening----it's really quite irritating.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 8:59 am

Nearly constantly between errors 502 and 521 now. This is the first time I have said this in three plus years here but I will seriously have to consider taking my autistic ass to another forum if this keeps up. Spending two to three times the amount of time per WP session that I should prevents me from pursuing my other interests and exacerbates my issue of going to bed too late. The last thing the socially awkward me wants to do is to start off fresh somewhere else and leave the relationships and wonderful people here.

I would hate to have WP leave the scene for several months for a complete rebuild but if it gets the WP experience at least to the 1990's, never mind to 2017 it will be worth it.

From my own experience as a programmer back in the '80's and '90's I know it is all too easy, especially with autistic traits and macho traits to get so wrapped up in a program, and so perfectionist that you get yourself in a negative loop. Just one more fix, just one more fix and it will be alright you say too yourself. I had to have people teach me that sometimes the whole project needs to be destroyed and you need to start completely over. In order to do that you need to admit defeat which is very difficult. Staying on WP is becoming that negative loop for me and I suspect many other regulars here now.

And yeah it happened again trying to post this. Lucky this time it did not delete my post mid post like last night

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman