This happens frequently between 11pm and 2am US central time

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 8:59 am

Nearly constantly between errors 502 and 521 now. This is the first time I have said this in three plus years here but I will seriously have to consider taking my autistic ass to another forum if this keeps up. Spending two to three times the amount of time per WP session that I should prevents me from pursuing my other interests and exacerbates my issue of going to bed too late. The last thing the socially awkward me wants to do is to start off fresh somewhere else and leave the relationships and wonderful people here.

I would hate to have WP leave the scene for several months for a complete rebuild but if it gets the WP experience at least to the 1990's, never mind to 2017 it will be worth it.

From my own experience as a programmer back in the '80's and '90's I know it is all too easy, especially with autistic traits and macho traits to get so wrapped up in a program, and so perfectionist that you get yourself in a negative loop. Just one more fix, just one more fix and it will be alright you say too yourself. I had to have people teach me that sometimes the whole project needs to be destroyed and you need to start completely over. In order to do that you need to admit defeat which is very difficult. Staying on WP is becoming that negative loop for me and I suspect many other regulars here now.

And yeah it happened again trying to post this. Lucky this time it did not delete my post mid post like last night

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 12:21 pm

Still a problem

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Apr 2017, 6:29 pm

The server always goes though maintenance around midnight Eastern time & that's why WP goes offline or freezes. Sometimes WP logs me out if I'm online at the time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition