OMG! I Can't Believe I'm Saying This!

Page 6 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 5:36 pm

Oh boy. Mr. Cutie just downloaded another picture of him in Tasmania. The only Tasmania I know is the Tasmanian devil. :mrgreen: There are pictures of him in Alaska, Chicago, Toronto, Montana, there are pictures of him with Cheyenne Indians, he's hanging with the chief of the Tyrone Tribe, Costa Rica, AND he has his own pool. Probably has more than one house. Cute dog. All I can say is it looks like he really gets around. Definitely out of my league - not to mention the Democrat problem. Next.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 5:45 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Oh boy. Mr. Cutie just downloaded another picture of him in Tasmania. The only Tasmania I know is the Tasmanian devil. :mrgreen: There are pictures of him in Alaska, Chicago, Toronto, Montana, there are pictures of him with Cheyenne Indians, he's hanging with the chief of the Tyrone Tribe, Costa Rica, AND he has his own pool. Probably has more than one house. Cute dog. All I can say is it looks like he really gets around. Definitely out of my league. Next.

I wish you wouldn't keep posting all these details. Pretty soon people are going to figure out you're talking about me and then my cover will be blown.

There Are Four Lights!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 6:20 pm

Darmok wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Oh boy. Mr. Cutie just downloaded another picture of him in Tasmania. The only Tasmania I know is the Tasmanian devil. :mrgreen: There are pictures of him in Alaska, Chicago, Toronto, Montana, there are pictures of him with Cheyenne Indians, he's hanging with the chief of the Tyrone Tribe, Costa Rica, AND he has his own pool. Probably has more than one house. Cute dog. All I can say is it looks like he really gets around. Definitely out of my league. Next.

I wish you wouldn't keep posting all these details. Pretty soon people are going to figure out you're talking about me and then my cover will be blown.

Your image is blown, Mr. Darmok. We all know that you aren't Democrat. Duh. :mrgreen:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:47 am

I've joined Tinder, and so far, it has turned out to give me plenty of experience, as in coffee dates. Far better than OKCupid ever has produced. OkCupid I'e only met two people over 4 years! Where as with Tinder, I had 5 dates in 2 weeks. That's like a world record for me. I didn't get to meet a future wife yet, but it has taught me so much in those 2 weeks, the more I meet, the more I learn what it is that I want. Gives me more confidence.

Things have considerably slowed down after I swiped through all the women in my city, so I decided to get a subscription and see if there are more women out there from other cities willing to meet.

There have been women on there, thinking that I'm like Dexter, but I am now starting to ignore these types of women that are constantly scared. Better to meet someone who is willing to take the bull by the horns as they say.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:49 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Doesn't seeem to be many center women. Most are left leaning with a few right leaning like anegla. Atleast in the northwest which is more left leaning.

From what I can gather from my dating experiences, I would say that eHarmony has a good mixture of all beliefs although there is a slight lean towards (the Canadian version of) the right wing and OKCupid is so far to the left they fell off the map long ago. It seems every second OKcupid woman was bisexual, vegan, gluten-free, hates cars and while working in the arts seemed to have infinite $$$ to go to Maccu Picchu, Great Wall of China, Golden Gate Bridge and Eiffel Tower all within a year or so. In order words, there is a GOOD reason they are single.... or to suspect they are fake profiles.

Wow, that describes my last date I had on OKCupid to the T! lol and she was the 2nd person I met on OKCupid over 4 years!

OKCupid is definitely not for me, but it might be for someone else.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 8:01 am

fakkau89 wrote:
Does anyone know any tips on how to go about online dating a bit better, how to get conversation flowing. How to tell if she's interested, How to prepare for a meetup. Also any social sites or dating sites I may not have heard of that might be of help, generally the sites I've been on have a very low or possibly scammers instead of good conversationists or safe matching. Also how to set up your profile with things that will grab out at people and compel them to msg you. Any hints tips advice?

First of all its important to note that there is a lot of crap online, both for men and women. It's like the housing market in the winter: there are some gems but the majority have been looked over and passed on for a very good reason. Women in particular can be VERY flaky by which I mean they will sound very excited to meet you, make plans..... and then cancel at the last minute. Don't take it personally as it happens to everyone.

A good way to know if someone is interested (like my now wife) is when they cancel or decline a meeting time/place they immediately make a suggestion right after for an alternative. If you do get a meeting, the best advice I can give is to be the best version of yourself, but only yourself. In other words, shower and shave but don't change your hair color. Same with your profile: check the spelling and grammar but if you are a quiet bookworm don't pretend to be a party animal just to get dates. That will just backfire and leave you feeling even worse.

The safest and best site in my area by far is eHarmony. It also has the added bonus of having more women than men: in my area it's probably about 65% female. In all the years I was on there I only encountered one person who I suspected was a scammer and cut off communication the second I realized it.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 11:06 pm

Ok kids. There was one cutie under the "what if" category which means he wasn't sent to me as a match, but when I read the profile it seemed like we were perfect matches. So I smiled. Then they sent him as a match and I found out we are matched 100% across the board! That could be my Hunny! He's a year older than me, and shoots guns, and went to Iraq. He loves to exercise, has no kids, doesn't smoke, and only drinks on special occasions! Now I have to see if he says anything. He's a cutie! :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 6:39 pm

Ok. I sent my possible Hunny some questions. Problem is he lives in Missouri, but it's 3.5 hrs away. He might as well just live in another country. Crap. Funny thing is that on the opening questions, we answered a lot of them the same. Huh. We both don't like Bill Clinton. I'm swooning. :mrgreen: On the downside, he spikes his eggnog ALWAYS. He said he only drinks on special occasions - hopefully "special occasions" don't happen every day.

Darn, I flunked.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 12:42 am

nurseangela wrote:
On the downside, he spikes his eggnog ALWAYS. He said he only drinks on special occasions - hopefully "special occasions" don't happen every day.

Probably just the drinking holidays, of which there aren't many.

Surely, if you explained your situation, some men might be respectful and abstain from the occasional imbibement.