Veteran

12 May 2017, 1:36 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Darmok wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Day 3?

Is this thread Angela's dating diary?

I think it's turning into that, isn't it? :mrgreen: I think that this can also help those who wonder how another person thinks when they are on these dating websites. And maybe along the way, I can get some thoughts from others here that may help me through this process. I'm pretty new to all of this and wet behind the ears. There are quite a few people here who have had a lot more dating experience than I have. My longest relationship was 2 months. This whole thing is really scary for me, tbh. I'm not great with showing my feelings to someone else so all of this is new to me, but I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. I do know that whoever gets me will have someone who is very loyal and trustworthy and in it for the long haul. I just hate change and I need someone who is patient and willing to give me a chance. You know what I mean? I'm certainly not going to be moving fast in this process because finding the right Hunny for me is just too important.

If eHarmony doesn't work, you can always try Vashikaran Black Magic Mantra For Husband -91-8107216603 molvi ji. There are plenty of links kicking around -- new ones every day. :mrgreen:

That's very tempting, Mr. Darmok. I'll keep that in mind.

It looks like they have divorce covered too (I just saw one float by), for those of you who are in that stage of life. :mrgreen:

And if things get really bad, the latest is Psycho Husband & Wife +91-8107216603 problem solution molvi. (Maybe that's for all the people who took them up on one of their previous offers.) :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 1:51 pm

I'm 100% sober, so it puzzles me that drinking is so popular. I don't mind a woman who likes a bit of a drink but I absolutely detest this common culture of drinking being mandatory to have any kind of fun. People getting drunk completely spoils events, frankly.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 8:05 am

Day 4

Was going to take the weekend off, but I guess they send matches everyday. Let's see......

One banished to hidden pile because they live in Illinois.

Another banished because he lives in Nebraska.

Third, banished because he's too old.

Fourth, banished because he's Democrat.

Fifth, banished because he lives in Iowa.

Sixth, I'm not attracted to.

Seven, Lord help me. He says he's a airline pilot with just some college. I would think one needs to have a degree for that? Even if they don't, he looks like a party animal. Hmm. Proof he is a party animal - he drinks daily. I need a special annihilation button for that one. :roll:

Eighth, only high school degree, too old, not attracted.

Ninth, oh crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.

We may have one. He's 3 yrs younger, not bad looking, looks young like me, has a Bachelors degree, loves animals - has a cat (and a dog - boo), and lives in Prairie Village. Prairie Village is 10 min away or less. Crap. He's spiritual, which is fine, 5'9", supervisor for some company he doesn't name, loves to cook but not do the dishes - that's where I would come in :mrgreen:, big alert - he drinks a couple times a week (x that by 2), reads Stephen King so he likes mystery thriller books like me, doesn't smoke, doesn't want kids, he's says he's loyal and caring, hmm - animals are a huge thing with him because he lists it several times which isn't bad. I would need to find out more about his job and his politics. His name is "Kip". Oh, and he has several tattoos - don't know what to think about that (a few tattoos are OK). I don't think he would mind me piercing my nose. We like the same music, he also likes watching comedy movies like me and he says he knows how to manage finances well - I need someone to steer me away from so much QVC. Hmm. I'll have to think more about this one.....

Those are all my matches for today. Time for more beauty rest. I have to work tonight.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 6:04 pm

I misread that and thought you said the guy looked partly animal... I was like, woah this dude must be ugly... then I realised you wrote "party animal"

Kip sounds worth messaging. You can just chat and find out a bit about each other.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 6:31 pm

hurtloam wrote:
I misread that and thought you said the guy looked partly animal... I was like, woah this dude must be ugly... then I realised you wrote "party animal"

Kip sounds worth messaging. You can just chat and find out a bit about each other.

I just sent him my first 5 questions - about work schedules, how he thinks about work, and how he thinks about traditional gender roles. Also, if he shows up to appointments on time, early or late.

The thing that drew me to him are that animals are important to him. I don't think a lot of guys would have much patience with Waldo.

I'm wondering with some answers he gives if he isn't Democrat. That would be a deal breaker, but they didn't have that question.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 8:38 am

This is starting to get to be too overwhelming, or maybe I'm just tired. I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Do I even have time for someone.

Day 5

Sent 4 matches to the hidden pile for either being out of my area or I'm not attracted to them. One problem, I have someone asking me questions from Manhattan Kansas and I'm just not attracted to him. I may not answer that one because he's in my state and I'm not attracted to him, but don't want to say that to him. Hmm. I hate to be rude.

Another one smiled and sent me a message saying that my profile brought a smile to his face. He's a CEO with a Doctorate. I remember I had dismissed him because I thought he was too out of my league cause he looks rich. I don't know if I could feel comfortable around someone like that unless he's more shy than his pictures let on. He's also in Nebraska, but that isn't stopping him, I guess. I don't know what to do with that one. He's 10 yrs older than me. I don't want to deal with this right now. I'm going to bed.

Darn, I flunked.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 6:33 am

nurseangela wrote:
I'm wondering with some answers he gives if he isn't Democrat. That would be a deal breaker, but they didn't have that question.

I'm genuinely curious as to why that is as I see this type of thing from Americans and find that attitude puzzling. My wife would be considered right of centre and I am considered left of centre and many couples I know are polar opposites (like my parents). Personally, I have never once seen anyone mention their political beliefs on a dating profile.

As a veteran eHarmony user, my advice is to relax and not try to judge people too much on paper. You seem to be overanalyzing every profile you see based on your journal. Remember, I dismissed my wife's profile because we seemed to have nothing in common (aside from us both having put care and attention into our profiles) and she was too old (read: experienced) for me. How wrong I was!!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 3:12 am

Something happened that scared me. The last one I posted about that was 10 yrs older, has a doctorate and is in Nebraska - I got an email just now saying that his account was terminated and they can't say why, but they advise not making contact with him anymore. He contacted me twice. I didn't answer back because I thought he was out of my league and in Nebraska. That gives me the creeps. I hope my information is anonymous enough. I'm just starting this online dating crap - I don't need any drama. That's why I'm hesitant to even meet anyone - you never know who you're going to meet (I don't want to be the target for a damn serial killer). This is why I stay to myself. I probably shouldn't have even done this. It's sounding like a mistake.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 3:16 am

This is the email I got from Eharmony :

Making your eHarmony experience safe and successful is important to us. As a past or present user, we want to inform you that eHarmony has taken action to remove one of your matches, Anthony from Lincoln, from the eHarmony service. This decision was made in accordance with our terms and conditions, and privacy laws prohibit us from disclosing the specific reasons for our decision to close an account.

eHarmony disclaims any responsibility or liability with respect to any continued involvement between you and any person whose account is closed by eHarmony. Please be aware that eHarmony will not send an email notice that an account has been reopened and strongly recommend that you disregard such notices if received.

For more information concerning the removal of users from our service, please visit our Help Page located on our website, and search for the topic "Match Termination Notification". By visiting our website, you can also locate information regarding our Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy, and Safety Tips on communicating with and meeting your matches.

Sincerely,
eHarmony Risk Management

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 3:34 am

I can't stop thinking about this. I think he picked Eharmony because women might be more trusting and looking to get married. I knew it was too good to be true - Doctorate and in his pictures he looked "rich". Probably thought it would attract a lot of women. I just got a weird feeling from him and that's why I didn't answer back - he made me uncomfortable. However, I was thinking of being nice and just sending a message thanking him for contacting me and the reason it wouldn't work. I'm glad that I didn't answer now.

Darn, I flunked.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 6:26 am

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Of all the people I dated, not one of them blatantly lied or misrepresented themselves, even on the free sites. I find eHarmony, as shady as they are (watch out for the auto-renewals!) do a great job keeping out fake profiles. I would imagine the likely scenario is that the guy is only separated (not divorced) as that is a violation of the TOS. The only person I was suspicious about (and terminated communication with) was someone who claimed to be a nurse travelling in Africa. "She" wrote very eloquently in perfect English and while she never referenced anything I wrote, this was not uncommon. What tipped me off was that she wanted to continue the conversation on MS messenger (which I refused) and said "I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida but moved to Toronto, ON* as a teenager (*not my actual location). NOBODY writes like that in Canada. I know if it continued "she" would have likely asked for $$$.

There have been a couple of incidents here locally but they were targeting men looking for hookups. Just take your time, listen to what the matches say, look for signs they are local (is there a picture of a local landmark?) and don't take it too seriously at first.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 9:56 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I'm genuinely curious as to why that is as I see this type of thing from Americans and find that attitude puzzling. My wife would be considered right of centre and I am considered left of centre and many couples I know are polar opposites (like my parents). Personally, I have never once seen anyone mention their political beliefs on a dating profile.

Here lots of people mention it. I guess politics are far more important issue to Americans. I see lots of women's profiles who say their liberal and if your not dont message them, so I don't.

I suppose politics being a decision factor would depend on how much it effects you. I could never be with someone who wishes to ban guns or someone who believes welfare people are thieves and should be kicked to the curb. Only way I could see two people with polarized politics being together is if non of it directly effects them.

Don't but most liberal democrats could stand my rants about gun control. They'd probably see me as a child killer just for owning a gun. I would see them as anti rights person who's destroying this nation.
I'm democrat but probably more center , I don't get along with most democrats or republicans. Not sure where that leaves me?
Most democrats are rabidly anti gun while most republicans are rabidly anti poor.

Doesn't seeem to be many center women. Most are left leaning with a few right leaning like anegla. Atleast in the northwest which is more left leaning.

As for eharmony , I could technically afford if I used my savings which invalidates the whole they must be well off mindset, though it'd be a waste of money as I'm still poor.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:10 pm

Angela, being that you and I have had bad blood between us in the past, I would be extremely careful going to sites like eHarmony. I heard and seen too many people burned by these outfits. (Then again, I'll be 60 in a few months, and am way too jaded with the ways of the world to even give a damn anymore about anything, except what little music I make nowadays. To quote the old Lutheran chorale "Komm, suesser Tod' " (Come sweet death.)

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:37 pm

sly279 wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Here lots of people mention it. I guess politics are far more important issue to Americans. I see lots of women's profiles who say their liberal and if your not dont message them, so I don't.

I suppose politics being a decision factor would depend on how much it effects you. I could never be with someone who wishes to ban guns or someone who believes welfare people are thieves and should be kicked to the curb. Only way I could see two people with polarized politics being together is if non of it directly effects them.

Don't but most liberal democrats could stand my rants about gun control. They'd probably see me as a child killer just for owning a gun. I would see them as anti rights person who's destroying this nation.
I'm democrat but probably more center , I don't get along with most democrats or republicans. Not sure where that leaves me?
Most democrats are rabidly anti gun while most republicans are rabidly anti poor.

I happen to be an independent who tends to be all over the place. I don't have problems with most firearms, as long a you get the proper training (I do love a good white tail deer steak, when it comes into deer hunting season). I do have issues with people owning military assault weapons.

I still prefer single payor health insurance, except, even with a massive change in attitude in Washington, I still do not trust the boys and girls inside the I495 beltway to do anything for we, the people (5 1/2 years working for DoD as a contract employee does that to a person)

Quote:

Doesn't seeem to be many center women. Most are left leaning with a few right leaning like anegla. Atleast in the northwest which is more left leaning.

As for eharmony , I could technically afford if I used my savings which invalidates the whole they must be well off mindset, though it'd be a waste of money as I'm still poor.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:16 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Angela, being that you and I have had bad blood between us in the past, I would be extremely careful going to sites like eHarmony. I heard and seen too many people burned by these outfits. (Then again, I'll be 60 in a few months, and am way too jaded with the ways of the world to even give a damn anymore about anything, except what little music I make nowadays. To quote the old Lutheran chorale "Komm, suesser Tod' " (Come sweet death.)

Mr. M., I've forgotten what you and I were even talking about that got us off on the wrong foot - I've put it behind me, as I hope you will too. I appreciate your concern. It worries me because I got another email from Eharmony saying the same thing except its saying the guy's account from Manhattan Kansas who also personally contacted me just had his account terminated too. That's two in two days. I hadn't contacted either of them, but like I told my friend Julia, what if I had? Eventually, they will end up getting my information. It makes me wonder if they even do any checks on these people. Maybe I shouldn't contact anyone who contacts me first. Idk. I shouldn't have done this. It's turning out to be a nightmare.

Darn, I flunked.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:26 pm

sly279 wrote:

From what I can gather from my dating experiences, I would say that eHarmony has a good mixture of all beliefs although there is a slight lean towards (the Canadian version of) the right wing and OKCupid is so far to the left they fell off the map long ago. It seems every second OKcupid woman was bisexual, vegan, gluten-free, hates cars and while working in the arts seemed to have infinite $$$ to go to Maccu Picchu, Great Wall of China, Golden Gate Bridge and Eiffel Tower all within a year or so. In order words, there is a GOOD reason they are single.... or to suspect they are fake profiles.