Fox news's Shepard Smith comes out of the closet

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 2:30 pm

Fox News’ Shepard Smith Talks About His Relationship: ‘I Go Home to the Man I’m in Love with’

Quote:
“I wasn’t hiding anything from anybody — I never hid anything from anybody,” he said. “I was always as true to me as I knew how to be. If I was fibbing to you, it’s because I was fibbing to me.”

“I didn’t want to ask myself that question or figure that out or learn how to deal with that, because to me it was antithetical to all that is okay,” he said. “A. You’re going to Hell for it. B. You’ll never have any friends again. C. What are you going to tell your family? And by the way, you’re on television on the craziest conservative network on earth. They’ll probably put you in front of a brick wall and mow you down. Of course none of that was true … that’s not how it was, but that’s how it felt.”

“And that’s why it wasn’t until seven, or eight, or nine years ago, that I started actually living my truth,” he continued. “Because I didn’t really know what it was.”

And that’s why it wasn’t until seven, or eight, or nine years ago, that I started actually living my truth,” he continued. “Because I didn’t really know what it was"

“I sort of kept my Mississippi/Ole Miss sensibilities about myself,” he said. “I didn’t [think] I had become something because I moved away from here. I think I was something because of the foundation I got here.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 10:21 am

Are these stories related??

viewtopic.php?t=342643

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 4:18 pm

I don't understand why anyone is surprised by this revelation, also, why he is considered the moral voice of cultural or fiscal conservatism.

I feel like the network hiring manager found him in one of those magazines that show the different haircuts, or, a suit and tie magazine.

But, it's usually an example of nepotism. They are repeatedly found to be related to someone influential, or have job experience with a corporate sponsor.

Committed fans, who find my line of discussion disturbing, might see whether Google can settle the dispute, in under 1 second.

But, for me, there was no mystique. Sorry, not sorry.