Where else to meet single men and women

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 11:22 pm

I live outside a city of a population of 100,000 and I wonder if any other options for meeting people as friends or dating for a city this size other than my social support aspie group. I'm in my twenties and just want to talk. I'm done with looking online already. Girls make judgements quickly and my response rate is very slim. I just want to practice my face-to-face communication skills. I'm not in school right now and please don't ask me about finding someone in the workplace. I'm interested in something I can sign up for or participate in immediately.

Can I have some ideas on places I may want to research more of here?

I just think I want to talk to girls and eventually end with "let's continue this conversation over text" and see how things turn out.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 12:04 am

Take this with a grain of salt, because I never have been on a date before.

I'm having the same issue. I don't know where else to find a single woman to date. Think with your heart on finding a date, and not through text or online, or on the streets, or through any dating service. Don't even try to find your date at work or someone who you knew years or months ago and is not talking back. Those women are gone, and they moved on with life, and you are here.

Trust me, think with your heart, and not passively with your heart, but actively with your heart, what woman has been my friend for years and now wants to move to the next level with me? If you have found a single woman in your heart who you have known for a while, and who wants to move to the next level, then she could be who you date.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:36 pm

Well that leaves just go out and talk to them can't really say for sure the best place kind of just depends or perhaps female friends/acquaintances though they may not be interested romantically. Also though, keep in mind people in real life can make quick judgements to. If you are already done with online because of slim rate of responses(but still some would be better than none I'd think) and quick judgments do you think you'd handle it better in real life? I'd say its better to keep all avenues open...you can certainly focus on approaching/meeting women IRL, and just check the dating profile on occasion but its up to you.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:25 pm

Unfortunately, I had acquaintances in high school that I want(ed) to reconnect with. I only have 2 or 3 from my high school class on my Facebook. I can't connect with the other female acquaintances because the ones I'm into already have boyfriends and/or are pregnant with their own children. Yes, it does break my heart a little. Besides, I was too much of a "flirt" in those classes, I'll touch physically and that might have scared them off later. I would try to connect with them later, but I'm ignored, or even blocked in one or two cases.

But I have unintentionally burned bridges with some girls. I also do long to date someone who I knew in those classes, that's not likely to happen. :(

I feel stuck in a younger stage of life behind my peers, anyway. It sucks, it doesn't make life worth living at my age sometimes.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:07 pm

don't focus on the single part.

volunteer for a cause you're genuinely interested in. try to make friends with people. volunteering is low stress (since you're not expected to be there, and any help is good help), and good way to get to know other people.

join other specific social groups/clubs based on your interests. a photography club, a bird watching expedition, a figure drawing class, a pogo stick dance team, a board game enthusiasts group, etc.

the more you put yourself out there, the wider your reach, and the more likely you are to meet a lovely single lady you click with. if you've had problems specifically seeking singles the next thing to try is to not specifically seek singles, but seek people.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:57 pm

seaweed wrote:
don't focus on the single part.

volunteer for a cause you're genuinely interested in. try to make friends with people. volunteering is low stress (since you're not expected to be there, and any help is good help), and good way to get to know other people.

join other specific social groups/clubs based on your interests. a photography club, a bird watching expedition, a figure drawing class, a pogo stick dance team, a board game enthusiasts group, etc.

the more you put yourself out there, the wider your reach, and the more likely you are to meet a lovely single lady you click with. if you've had problems specifically seeking singles the next thing to try is to not specifically seek singles, but seek people.

Seaweed makes a lot of sense to me, and I believe she has a great point.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:58 pm

I think Sweetleaf/Seaweed does make a good point, but I don't have any interests or hobbies right now. What can I do to start with it? I like listening to music, but I don't think there is a club/class for that out there, even in my area.

Last edited by K_Kelly on 22 May 2017, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:06 pm

You don't need to say pin point exact topics that she likes. Simply put, just talk and converse. I understand holding a long conversation would feel admirable, because it shows interest, but on couple's dates I noticed while I was eating at restaurants, that the guy and the girl are not talking at all. Aim for building pleasant conversations, and not constant question and answer. There is variety in most good conversations. A good conversation can be as short as 1 second, or as long as it can be.

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 22 May 2017, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:34 pm

My issue is that I can't "force" conversation unless if all I do is questions. I don't see any "balance".

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:38 pm

Start off with "how was your day", and then try to learn from the other person.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 6:30 pm

Just walk up and say "How was your day?" without saying hi or hello before that? Might be some anxiety problems going on with me.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:23 pm

It won't be that bad, "Hello, how was your day?"

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2017, 8:34 pm

i'd like to meet a woman,or girl of my own age who has aspergers herself like i do :heart: :heart: :heart:

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:07 pm

I know, but it seems that the hot aspie princesses are hard to find.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:08 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
It won't be that bad, "Hello, how was your day?"

Isn't this awkward for strangers though?

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 10:19 am

I've pretty much given up as well. It seems that over the years, wherever I go or whatever I do, only other guys or much older women are interested. If I went to a cupcake baking class, the class I go to would be only other guys for some reason.