Aaagghhhh!! ! Oh no!! ! Facebookers, tell me what to do!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SummerAndSmoke
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 May 2017, 12:39 pm

So I've been browsing invisibly on OKCupid.... not quite ready to put myself online again..... still recovering from a difficult and stressful year. But I'm planning on getting back into the dating game soon and I just wanted to see who's out there, bookmarking people near me that I might want to reach out to. I stumbled on the profile of this absurdly gorgeous Latin guy who shares literally all of my exact interests! He is a local filmmaker who supports himself by modelling and working at a film archive. So I entered one of his pics into a Google image search because I wanted to know if it was fake. I found his Facebook profile and indeed, everything looked consistent with the way he described himself. I did some more Googling and he is most definitely a real person. This morning I was scrolling through his latest posts on my phone and I accidentally liked one of them. I immediately unliked it but now I'm so f*****g embarrassed!! He has over a thousand followers but WHAT IF HE WAS ON HIS COMPUTER WHEN I DID THAT? Does Facebook send a notification to the person if you like something and then unlike it half a second later? I had been eventually planning to message him on OKcupid but if he thinks I was Facebook stalking him I don't know how that's going to work out.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 2:56 pm

Who cares, you don't even know him anyways. He will still recieve a notification for your like, even if you unlike later.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:47 pm

If he has over a thousand followers I doubt he'll spare much thought to your one brief Like.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 1:00 am

SummerAndSmoke wrote:
So I've been browsing invisibly on OKCupid.... not quite ready to put myself online again..... still recovering from a difficult and stressful year. But I'm planning on getting back into the dating game soon and I just wanted to see who's out there, bookmarking people near me that I might want to reach out to. I stumbled on the profile of this absurdly gorgeous Latin guy who shares literally all of my exact interests! He is a local filmmaker who supports himself by modelling and working at a film archive. So I entered one of his pics into a Google image search because I wanted to know if it was fake. I found his Facebook profile and indeed, everything looked consistent with the way he described himself. I did some more Googling and he is most definitely a real person. This morning I was scrolling through his latest posts on my phone and I accidentally liked one of them. I immediately unliked it but now I'm so f*****g embarrassed!! He has over a thousand followers but WHAT IF HE WAS ON HIS COMPUTER WHEN I DID THAT? Does Facebook send a notification to the person if you like something and then unlike it half a second later? I had been eventually planning to message him on OKcupid but if he thinks I was Facebook stalking him I don't know how that's going to work out.

If he is so popular, what does he need OkCupid for?