Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:08 pm

...They have discontinued​ the daily antibiotics IV that I was getting , that may indicate that they are moving towards discharging​ me but where will I go then ? I've had -NO- contact with my workers in the time I've been here​...and it's​ been sixish weeks .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:59 am

...I originally g

Forgot to write " no " at a certain place , thus changing the meaning ! Thus the capitals...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2017, 11:10 am

You need to ask who is in charge of your discharge planning and ask that person what the plan is.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:24 pm

...I don't know of any such person here , , after 6+ weeks no contact with my workers outside , would I even sill have the crappy SRO and the things I left there (Remember , I came here entirely unexpectedly/without warning .) ? If I were discharged to-.orrow morning , I'd leave with what I:be got here , which is only the clothes I came in with , this tablet , etc. plus a little piled+up money - which might be , what , 1 and 1/2 checks
So what would I do then :( ? I have spoken about going to another town , perhaps in OR/WA for nearness/expense - but is that foolhardy ? Not " sensible " ?
So , then , what , AM I supposed to do ? :cry:

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2017, 9:20 am

Did you actually ask the aides helping you, a nurse, anyone? Or are you assuming because you haven't seen someone doing planning there isn't anyone there doing it?

Every nursing home and rehab in this country has at least 1 social worker or team working on care planning for every resident. You are supposed to be part of that planning but if you don't say anything then they just do whatever they want. You have to start advocating for yourself and not just passively wait for things to be fixed up for you. You're there all day and night, you have ample time and opportunity to ask about discharge plans.