Fun fun, fun, its all about fun, there is nothing out.

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:32 pm

Is the attitude of some people here...well do you want a committed relationship or everything to constantly be 'fun'. There is a poster here absolutely terrified of anything that doesn't involve excessive 'fun'. I mean sheesh like me and my boyfriend do fun things, we go to movies, concerts even out to bars for drinks...and we have more at home activities like painting miniatures. But yeah if it was constantly about endless fun that would probably get old...I mean how would we know we like each other in general if we obligated each other to be having party like fun all the time. And seeing it as horrifying when we need to slow down on that a bit. I mean we go to movies not every weekend, but realalistically we have other bills to pay...everything can't just be endless fun with no responsibility if you want a LTR...If anything aside from fun greatly disturbs you perhaps you should not pursue a LTR.

I mean I get it for some people 'fun' and :| comittless relationships are ideal, I just question how long people can maintain that extreme of lifestyle without ever having some more relaxed time or being willing to relax with a potential S.O. Like me and my boyfriend do fun things, and sometimes we jsut chill or relax which is pleasant but not particulary 'fun' 24/7. I suppose if all you want is fun then an LTR is a bad idea.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2017, 12:18 am

For the type of people being discussed in the OP, I suspect the "real fun" will start when their peers will have moved on to do the usual stuff, leaving em casting about for playmates.

Today's funster will become tomorrow's weirdo that hangs out with people way too young for em :lol:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 1:15 am

IDK if you mean me *go figure* but TBH fun is a huge priority of mine due to how serious my work & family life can get. When people start negging on relationships I think to myself 'that's awfully conventional...' - Optimism coming from me is weird. I get that.

It's painfully obvious when people in my life need to laugh more & making that happen can be a really big deal.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:47 pm

a lot of people here haven't had a successful ltr beyond the honeymoon stage either - i know i haven't. so the relationships always have to be sunshine, rainbows and happiness for some people.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:36 pm

lol so I posted this when I was drunk.....and meant 'fun, fun, fun, its all about fun, there is nothing else'...not nothing out.

But interestingly I think it kind of holds up...I mean fun is great, but its not all there is. I guess I see it similarly to taking dabs, if you do it all the time it isn't as enjoyable and will raise your tolerance pretty quick to where smoking flower or shake might not really do anything noticeable. But if you do it on occasion it can be a really wonderful high for when you want something a little more than normal weed. So if you are constantly having fun, I feel like it would diminish the experience over time.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:46 pm

I don't think good humor loses any importance if I settle down. Being funny & loving adrenaline can help people. So does herb. :mrgreen: Failing that, I know a fungi. To me fun is important as long as it's anything making others happy. Any connections can be fun.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:37 pm

886 wrote:
a lot of people here haven't had a successful ltr beyond the honeymoon stage either - i know i haven't. so the relationships always have to be sunshine, rainbows and happiness for some people.

That does make some sense, I guess my experience was kinda of soured by the first guy I dated, when I went to college. I mean I thought it was great at the beginning but looking back it caused me more misery than I would have otherwise had...if I hadn't dated him. Sure it seemed fun at first until it diminished into only ever hanging out for short sexual interactions and excuses every time I tried to set up a time to actually spend time together.

Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:54 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
886 wrote:

That does make some sense, I guess my experience was kinda of soured by the first guy I dated, when I went to college. I mean I thought it was great at the beginning but looking back it caused me more misery than I would have otherwise had...if I hadn't dated him. Sure it seemed fun at first until it diminished into only ever hanging out for short sexual interactions and excuses every time I tried to set up a time to actually spend time together.

basically that. when people get more experienced, they realize the best part of a relationship is staying up talking all night about stuff. when you're young, the talking is all just useless drivel leading up to intercourse. once people snap out of the mentality that it always has to be something, that's when successful long term happens.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:34 am

I'm probably happier alone or with serial monogamy, but not because I expect it to always be fun. Relationships for me often hit a 1-2 month point where it seems like people just give up trying to make time for each other, make each other feel appreciated, etc. Alone just makes me feel happier and freer even though I'd much prefer a long-term relationship.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:01 pm

I feel more freedom when someone's around to point out things to do with said freedom.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:22 pm

Well, I mean if your definition of "fun" is "partying our butts off", I have nothing against that. You do you. But I do think there's some subjectivity to that definition. The way I define "fun" is "spending time doing what I love, either alone or with the people I love (mostly the former)". If I were to get a girlfriend by some miracle, a perfect date for me would be spent simply sitting at home (no matter whose of us), sipping coffee, talking about things, playing video games or watching movies. Fun and cost-effective.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:01 pm

This is why I've always said I'm kind of like everyone's crazy uncle. Cberg will teach your kids BMX! Vintage VW hoarding up next! Next week we hardware hack playstations.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 5:57 pm

Mind your own business fellas....

you are not our parents.

Sweetleaf and Co.: stop imposing your relationship ideals on others.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 8:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Mind your own business fellas....

you are not our parents.

Sweetleaf and Co.: stop imposing your relationship ideals on others.

In what way am I imposing anything...people are free to disregard this if they want, it's just an opinion lol.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 9:03 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
Well, I mean if your definition of "fun" is "partying our butts off", I have nothing against that. You do you. But I do think there's some subjectivity to that definition. The way I define "fun" is "spending time doing what I love, either alone or with the people I love (mostly the former)". If I were to get a girlfriend by some miracle, a perfect date for me would be spent simply sitting at home (no matter whose of us), sipping coffee, talking about things, playing video games or watching movies. Fun and cost-effective.

Yeah I was mostly referring to the 'partying our butts off' sort of fun...not the more mellow just doing things you enjoy and spending time with your S.O, that is fun as well but not like partying fun.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 2:10 am

Or it could be a bit about getting to know someone, learning if two people can properly deal with each other and communicate. And doing something because it makes them feel happy, and therefore makes you feel happy.

Yeah, doing the same thing over and over again gets boring. Without the downs do the ups even exist? Or are we all pigging out on soma because we're a bunch of hedonistic pricks who only exist for our own enjoyments. I really don't understand people like that. To each his own until someone stomps your face into the mud because you're less priveleged in social interaction.

Or I could stop begining sentences with conjunctions.