Explosion And Deaths At Ariana Grande Concert

Page 2 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:10 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i can accept that.

am curious to hear if grande will make a statement on this or not.

After the 9/11 attacks the host of a vapid show on MTV got the rapper Ja Rule on the phone to weigh in on the twin tower terrorist attacks. It created a meme (Lets ask Ja!) that is actually still doing the rounds even today

So lets not ask celebrities what they think about events they know nothing about. Ariana grande is just a kid in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:19 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
ISIS is praising the attack online.

Did they claim it or just praise it?

*obviously they will praise it, I'm curious if they think it was a lone-wolf style attack or a coordinated effort.

What's the difference? If course ISIS will claim it. It could have just been a lone wolf. No way to prove it.

Tactical response: will there be another one soon after. If it was a lone wolf, it's over. If it was coordinated there could still be more to come. That's why it's important. Since ISIS did claim it, this could be one of several.

*edit: I know it's an emotional event, I'm an aspie male that doesn't really process emotion, I think tactically, so if I come off as cold here, that's not my intention.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:31 pm

i thought you said it was a human....(kidding)

cyberdad wrote:
After the 9/11 attacks the host of a vapid show on MTV got the rapper Ja Rule on the phone to weigh in on the twin tower terrorist attacks. It created a meme (Lets ask Ja!) that is actually still doing the rounds even today

So lets not ask celebrities what they think about events they know nothing about. Ariana grande is just a kid in the wrong place at the wrong time.

not even a grande fan, but am not sure how that incident is comparable to this one.

pretty sure she has to know something if she was bloody there and it was her own show.

who knows? there might be something surprising.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Ariana grande is just a kid in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She's not "just a kid" - she's 23. I know that responding to this comment in the way I did may seem petty, but I just do not like condescension, in any form when I come across it. After all, how many of us here have been treated like "just a kid" because we couldn't understand the utterly confusing thought processes behind most forms of (accepted) social interaction?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:36 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
*edit: I know it's an emotional event, I'm an aspie male that doesn't really process emotion, I think tactically, so if I come off as cold here, that's not my intention.

I'm exactly the same. Don't worry about it. If others can't accept this, then that is their problem.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:36 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

*obviously they will praise it, I'm curious if they think it was a lone-wolf style attack or a coordinated effort.

What's the difference? If course ISIS will claim it. It could have just been a lone wolf. No way to prove it.

Tactical response: will there be another one soon after. If it was a lone wolf, it's over. If it was coordinated there could still be more to come. That's why it's important. Since ISIS did claim it, this could be one of several.

There's more than one lone wolf. Anyone could do a copy cat. There's sleeper cells all over the place.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:42 pm

There is no science to this crap. It's going to keep happening no matter how many precautions are taken. They just have to wait long enough because everyone lets their guard down eventually. People who choose to go to things like this are going to be more susceptible. That's the times we live in.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:43 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

There's more than one lone wolf. Anyone could do a copy cat. There's sleeper cells all over the place.

Yes, but a copy cat could take weeks, a coordinated attack would be much closer in time frame-- within 48 hours has been their standard operating procedure. And the next will most likely not be in England if it is a multi-faceted attack.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:46 pm

What a bunch of BS. You're trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense. Everyone has free will. Just get a backpack, some explosives and find the next big concert. How hard can it be?! Jesus.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:50 pm

This was just ONE person (supposedly) and see what a big mess just that one person has caused. Get a little group together and disperse to different parts of the country causing several lone wolf attacks and the country would be at a complete standstill.

Darn, I flunked.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:50 pm

We're resilient. Not many people advocate backing down, or knuckling under to martial law or a surveillance state. It's awful. They raised the stakes by attacking teenaged girls.

But don't come at me with bigoted solutions that do more harm than the problem. Terrorism didn't develop overnight, and will take time to stop. Lately we've killed a lot of them, but it hasn't solved the problem. Examining the root causes still sounding weak and liberal, or maybe logical?

ETA: Of course, Boko Haram got a lot of unwanted attention after kidnapping the girls from Chibok. It hasn't stopped them, regrettably.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:42 am

Thats super f*cked up.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:49 am

Disgusting and horrible what more is their to say.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:39 am

From what I gleaned from CNN, a great many injuries and deaths may have resulted from people fleeing as a mob in terror, trampling those unfortunates who fell of slipped to the floor.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:26 am

nurseangela wrote:
What a bunch of BS. You're trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense. Everyone has free will. Just get a backpack, some explosives and find the next big concert. How hard can it be?! Jesus.

You're trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense.

i would assume that causing something like this, and remaining undetected the whole time would be just a tiny bit more involved than "dude just stuff a backback with bombs and hit up a concert lmao".

explosives are probably not so easy to come by in the UK.

whether or not it makes sense, it has to be analyzed.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:41 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

You're trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense.

i would assume that causing something like this, and remaining undetected the whole time would be just a tiny bit more involved than "dude just stuff a backback with bombs and hit up a concert lmao".

explosives are probably not so easy to come by in the UK.

whether or not it makes sense, it has to be analyzed.

What I think, is that they didnt have enough security. It sounds like the person was able to do it in the foyer because they were able to enter there with a backpack load of stuff and not be questioned. They probably would have went into the actual concert area of they could get in. I haven't been to a concert for several years, but when I used to go to the arena concerts, you couldn't bring in backpacks and purses were actually searched at the door. Even if they couldn't get into the building, an explosion that big is going to end up getting several people anyway. You can only protect people to a point.

Darn, I flunked.