u have had past lives?? or u inherit it from your ancestors?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 9:09 am

:?:

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 9:14 am

+ those certain feelings

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 10:02 am

Some people I meet, I hate for no apparent reason. I just get this feeling that their ancestors have wronged my ancestors in some kind of way. It's just this weird feeling ingrained in my DNA. It's hard to explain. ...

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 10:30 am

I don't believe in reincarnation any more than I believe in a god or an afterlife. If we are reborn as someone else, then why does the human population keep growing?

enbalmed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2017, 10:32 am

Remember what life was like for you before you were born?

It's probably going to be like that when you die.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 6:22 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't believe in reincarnation any more than I believe in a god or an afterlife. If we are reborn as someone else, then why does the human population keep growing?

Maybe not everyone was a human in their past life.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 12:08 pm

I have no memory of a past life, so I'm it the same when I die. Which is really scary. :(

Which is why people believe in these things to begin with. The thought of becoming nothing but worm food is terrifying, so why not believe in something less so whether it's true or not? Although I am thinking of donating my body to science instead because I'm always hearing how it costs huge amounts of money just to throw some poor sap into the ground. :P

I've though about that coming back as something no human as well. But some animal and plant populations are growing while other are nearly extinct. And with my luck I'd probably come back as something already extinct.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 5:35 pm

I've had past life memories, but I wonder how many of them are from actual past lives as opposed to genetic memory? I feel an affinity for some things and it turns out my ancestors liked them too.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 3:29 pm

in one past life, early 1800s, I was a prisoner in some hot sunny southern place, Spanish was the language. I saw my reflection in a window and I was in prison striped garb, swarthy, compact, rugged and dirty. I looked down at my hands and they were scarred and grimy. I was hot and sweaty and thirsty and tired. I was toiling in a garden in front of the prison's administration building.
in a later past life [later 1800s] I was a wealthy tall blond fair-skinned playboy, I had a large yacht and I sailed back and forth on the atlantic ocean, I had a "girl in every port" and pumped 'em and dumped 'em. then I met one who set me back on my heels, then dumped ME, and I was so humiliated and depressed I jumped overboard and drowned.
in my most recent past-life, I was my own paternal grandmother who passed on 4 years before I was born.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 11:41 pm

@auntblabby very interesting!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 11:47 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:
@auntblabby very interesting!

thank you :flower:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 11:56 pm

I had one past life in Nazi Germany where I was a soldier. My parents were very wealthy and they among the first people to have a TV set. I remember watching a marching band playing this song:

I had my second past life in Swinging London. I was popular because I looked like Ray Davies of The Kinks. I was a dedicated follower of fashion. That life came to an end at Woodstock. I was trying to prove to the American kids how cool I was and I od-ed on drugs. I died as a result.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 8:04 pm

In one past life, I was a soldier in the English Civil War. I'm not sure what side I was on, and I'm not sure if this was from this particular life, but I have a recollection of being beheaded.

Then I lived in a large house, possibly during Tudor times. I vividly recall one night walking across the dark varnished floor with only the light of the moon to guide me.

Then I was (like Schultzy) a mod. This was obviously in the 60s and is my most recent past life. I found this out through one of those past life regression hypnotism videos on Youtube a few years ago and thusly remember this more than the others. I particularly remember myself riding a Vespa down a steep hill on my way from London to Brighton and adjusting my modernist garb in the mirror of a house decorated 1940s-style. I lived through the 70s and feel a lot of nostalgia for that era, but died before the 80s came along. I remember as a kid trying to get in all the 80s music I could as I was disappointed I'd missed that decade.

In all the past lives I can remember I was male, which explains my strong disidentification with femininity.

~INFP~

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 8:10 pm

^^^EW, if you don't mind, can you tell me if you have any neck or head-related ailments in this lifetime, which you feel might be a carryover from the other beheading lifetime?

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 8:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^EW, if you don't mind, can you tell me if you have any neck or head-related ailments in this lifetime, which you feel might be a carryover from the other beheading lifetime?

Not really with the neck, unless I lay funny in my sleep.

I do get migraines though.

~INFP~

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 8:13 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not really with the neck, unless I lay funny in my sleep. I do get migraines though.

do you think that might somehow be a carryover from the aforementioned lifetime?