The world is full of hideousness

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

Has it ever occurred to you that people can look at you and maybe see something negative about your looks?

Instead of looking for negative stuff when you look at people's faces, try looking for nice things to say about their faces, or anything else about them.

As for bald men, I still adore Yul Brynner, and like Bruce Willis even now he is bald. I've seen all of the Die Hard Movies, and own 4 of them on DVD. Isn't Vin Diesel bald. I've seen him in some movies, and thought he was pretty good. I'm not sure how to spell his last name, though. Then there was that guy who worked with Nixon, then went to prison, then later took up acting for a while. He's bald, and I thought his acting was good. I think he later got a radio or TV show as a political pundit. There are a number of other bald guys I liked over the years. There is nothing wrong in being bald, as long as you are a guy, but women usually look better with hair, although Persis Kambatta looked good bald when she was in the first Star Trek movie, and yes, she really did go bald, and not wear a bald cap wig. I remember reading about that.

Stop looking for the negatives in the appearance of other people. It's an excuse to feel negative about them as people. Instead try to think nice things about people, unless a particular person gives you a reason to feel negative about them. I've used this method for a long time and found it helps me get along better with people, including strangers.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 6:00 pm

Lintar wrote:
fifasy wrote:
The sight of some people's faces makes me shudder, more than is comfortable. There is something so shockingly vacant in them, so mean and maligned. You can see, if you are observant, even by looking at them that they are not innocent at all or pure of heart. I feel lonely.

It's because they don't have souls: they're basically zombies, who like to congregate in shopping complexes with the sole aim of spending money they don't have on crap they don't need. It's what the world has become over the last 30 or so years, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed it. People these days just come across as being shallow, vain, self-centred, materialistic and sociopathic.

You and I agree on probably close to nothing, except this. +1.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 9:32 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Lintar wrote:
fifasy wrote:
The sight of some people's faces makes me shudder, more than is comfortable. There is something so shockingly vacant in them, so mean and maligned. You can see, if you are observant, even by looking at them that they are not innocent at all or pure of heart. I feel lonely.

It's because they don't have souls: they're basically zombies, who like to congregate in shopping complexes with the sole aim of spending money they don't have on crap they don't need. It's what the world has become over the last 30 or so years, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed it. People these days just come across as being shallow, vain, self-centred, materialistic and sociopathic.

You and I agree on probably close to nothing, except this. +1.

Yes, we DO disagree most of the time, but that's only because you're usually wrong. :mrgreen:

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 10:37 pm

It is but there is beauty and benevolence in patches, it's a disproportionate patterning but worthwhile enough to believe in, not just a fleeting or flickering, but a veritable vein of valiance flowing beneath the unpleasantness.