Is it possible to quote more than one user's post?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Bubble Gum Addict
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 May 2017, 9:15 pm

Hello,

Whenever I post something, I tend to quote a user's post as a reply, usually by copying and pasting. Yet, it is difficult for me to quote more than one post because I can only use the quote button once and I can't copy and paste. Is it possible to quote more than one post?

If so how can I quote multiple posts?

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:33 pm

When I want to quote more than one post at a time, I click "Quote" on the first post and then copy (Ctrl-A) the content of the posting box to my clipboard, then click the back-arrow in my browser and then click "Quote" on the next post I want to quote, then paste (Ctrl-V) my clipboard in at the top of the posting box and press "Return" a couple of times to put some space between the two posts being quoted...and then begin my overall editing (such as sometimes shortening the quotes a bit) and adding my responses in the appropriate places.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2017, 4:06 am

I open the thread in a new window, click quote over the 1st post I want & leave the page up. I then open the thread in a new window again & click quote over the next post I want. I copy what I want & then past it under what I quoted in the other page. I repeat the process if there's another post I want to copy in that thread.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition