Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 9:10 pm

What are the reasons you continue living your life?
What motivates you?

I have been rather aimless for most of my life, and I am wondering how I am going to keep myself motivated.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 9:36 pm

I keep on living because I wanna get this incarnation good and done and overwith, no doubts remaining. then and only then can I progress to something better. I distract myself in the meantime, with my silicone suzy :mrgreen: and abundant adult entertainments, music, keeping as fit as I can for somebody of my vintage. collecting interesting things.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 10:06 pm

I suppose there are things in life I am interested in experiencing and I haven't yet, so have to keep living in order to get there. Interesting things to do, see, understand, be. Life can at times be beautiful.
Also, death is the alternative. People can be quite blase about that unless they've been close to it. For most people, it doesn't seem at all appealing when it's actually a possibility. Staying alive is a much better idea :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 10:09 pm

yeh, ^^^^ you took the words right outta my mouth :o
I wanna live long enough to see things like flying cars, flying people all over the place, moving sidewalks, omnipresent electronic lighting everywhere, omnipresent high fidelity sound in the very air, time travel, stuff like that there :mrgreen:

icechai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2017, 10:26 pm

I'm working on securing a life I "don't have to take a vacation from". Learning as much as I can about spirituality, and alternative healing methods and hope to make that my career someday. Looking forward to travelling more, and currently engaging in adult pleasures such as afternoon naps, reading and baking.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 10:32 pm

I continue to live because they told me I wouldn't.
I'm very stubborn like that. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 11:10 pm

^^^ :wtg:

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 1:28 am

Life is finite, so I want to experience it while I can. I also envy the religious on their assurance of an afterlife, but don't believe it myself. There are many little things to cherish, and why hasten the inevitable? Also, so many fight for life due to illness or trauma that it feels disrespectful to them to not value the day to day.

I have thought about suicide when I was younger, but now it just seems a burdensome and self indulgent way to depart. (Excluding terminal illnesses). People that kill themselves to make a statement aren't truly successful in that expectation.

I don't strive to gather accomplishments in life,or seek much validation. It's just something to learn and experience and so I set my mind to do so.
:chin:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 1:32 am

it has been said that people who don't want to live, don't know HOW to live, at least in their environment and with their particular genetic complement which interacts with their environment in a maladaptive way, with the knowledge of the methods of relief from such a situation, eluding them stubbornly. the only way I could figure out how to live, was by becoming a hermit. :alien:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 1:45 am

For my family and a handful of close friends who would be sad if I died.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 1:45 am

^^^ ditto.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 5:31 am

I live because my Husband wants me to. If he dies before me, there will be no reason to stay so I wont.

AusWolf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2017, 7:21 am

Because my parents would be sad if I died. Without them, I'd have no reason.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 7:47 am

My family would be utterly sad but they will also die eventually won't they?
I could fail dying. I might just worsen the years that's left for me. I will anyway die if I wait long enough won't I?
There is no certain rule that this life I live is the last one offered to me and when I die I disappear. I might still have way too many sufferings to encounter in my next lives so why speed up the process?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 6:04 pm

for those on the fence of life hoping to hop over to the other side, a consolation is that as one ages, time seems to pass with increasing rapidity, until nearer the end when time flies with alarming alacrity.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 8:17 pm

Curiosity.

No matter how bad the world gets or how ridiculous our picks for leadership are, if it becomes a total wreck then I'm like a rubbernecker gawking at a car crash.

Or taken in a more positive way, I'm astonished at what we are learning about Science and the Cosmos.

But yeah, I've got my silicon toys or other pleasures to distract me and relieve stress.