Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 11:14 am

The God sold by Christianity say that God has no limits, yet God is limited to only one begotten son. Or is he?

Is there is only one begotten son of God, Jesus, because you can only create one?

All sons of God are creations of your own mind, gleaned from finding your internal spark of God, as described by Jesus, who states clearly that God is within you. Within you can only exist one God and thus only one son of God. That son of God is yourself, should you choose to follow Jesus’ way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLIHeAYm7yE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Are you ready to step up?

Regards
DL

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jun 2017, 9:21 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

What are you getting at?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 10:02 pm

The person who wrote Matthew 6:22 clearly didn't understand optics.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 10:37 am

StinkyDog wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

What are you getting at?

Exactly what those links and the last three quotes indicate.

That we can all be reborn a Christ mind if we work at finding Gnosis by looking inside of ourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QI3nlinYQ

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:46 pm

Let me add to the question.

If there is only one begotten son, who are the sons of God spoken of in the O.T.?

Who mothered them?

Regards
DL

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:15 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

yes. Next question please.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:09 am

Cash__ wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

yes. Next question please.

I have none as your answer is all I wanted.

What kind of question were you expecting?

Regards
DL

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 12:02 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
If there is only one begotten son, who are the sons of God spoken of in the O.T.?

Well, I'm thinking these are two different entities (the difference between this post, and the OP). The definition of "Son of God", as it relates to Jesus, means, IMO, that Jesus is the only one, to whom God is biologically related, and God only needed one, to be the Savior----whereas, "sons of God spoken of in the OT" could, I feel, be construed as "mankind" (as in, we are all God's children), and/or, those that God personally chose to be the leaders of His tribes, etc. (ie, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), and/or, those that they, themselves, chose to follow God.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 12:09 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Well, I'm thinking these are two different entities (the difference between this post, and the OP). The definition of "Son of God", as it relates to Jesus, means, IMO, that Jesus is the only one, to whom God is biologically related, and God only needed one, to be the Savior----whereas, "sons of God spoken of in the OT" could, I feel, be construed as "mankind" (as in, we are all God's children), and/or, those that God personally chose to be the leaders of His tribes, etc. (ie, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), and/or, those that they, themselves, chose to follow God.

I do not accept your view.

God does not have a biology, he does not eat or defecate and the Nephalim were never designated as men in scriptures.

Why do you think you need a savior? What do you think most of us have done to deserve eternal condemnation?

Regards
DL

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 3:03 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

I do not accept your view. God does not have a biology, he does not eat or defecate and the Nephalim were never designated as men in scriptures. Why do you think you need a savior? What do you think most of us have done to deserve eternal condemnation?

No.1, who said anything about Nephilim?
No.2, I didn't say anything about my needing a savior.
No.3, It's not my place to decide who has done what, to deserve / not deserve eternal condemnation, so I don't.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 3:30 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
[
Quote:
quote="GnosticBishop"]
Campin_Cat wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

I do not accept your view. God does not have a biology, he does not eat or defecate and the Nephalim were never designated as men in scriptures. Why do you think you need a savior? What do you think most of us have done to deserve eternal condemnation?

No.1, who said anything about Nephilim?

Those are the only sons of God I know of in the O.T.

Do you know of others?

Quote:
No.2, I didn't say anything about my needing a savior.

Ok. I guess I miss-read your --- "IMO, that Jesus is the only one, to whom God is biologically related, and God only needed one, to be the Savior----whereas,"

So you do not think we are condemned or need a savior. Right?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No.3, It's not my place to decide who has done what, to deserve / not deserve eternal condemnation, so I don't.
[/quote]

Good. Neither do I. Being a Universalist, I see us all ending in heaven and not in some hell which is a religious invention.

Regards
DL

WitlessWit
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2017, 5:29 pm

Assuming there is one god seems a bit optimistic.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:35 pm

WitlessWit wrote:

Assuming that there is ONE god seems...optimistic.

What does that mean?

Do you mean assuming ONLY one? As opposed to many gods?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:18 pm

WitlessWit wrote:

Indeed.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:26 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
WitlessWit wrote:

What does that mean?

What, in terms of numbers, does this indicate.

You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

Regards
DL

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:28 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
WitlessWit wrote:

What does that mean?

What, in terms of numbers, does this indicate.

You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

Regards
DL

Well...I assume he means that "thinking that there is even one god is optimistic".

But since he emphasized the number one the sentence is ambiguous.

Does he mean "the fewer gods the better"?, Does he mean "the more gods the better"? Or does he mean "less then one is bad, more than one is bad, and only the quantity of one is good"? Or what does he mean?