Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 8:27 pm

Christians and other theists believe in an afterlife of perfect love. They more or less call it perfect and free of sin, etc. etc. But I'm not looking forward to going or to the day when Christ returns, he is the one my home raised me to believe in. They also say relationships in Heaven will be completely different because there will no longer be the romantic male and female relationships up there. Also, I suspect God only wants women to cover themselves up there. Otherwise, we won't have genders at all. Even non-Christian theists have this similar view.

But what about me? I don't drive a car or have a job, and missed opportunities to develop as a person years since HS ended. I want my afterlife to be able to touch and feel, see, hear and, breathe. I want to be able to develop myself as a person in the afterlife as I did on this Earth. I want to date beautiful women and maybe even have a long-term partner. Even a web forum that I stopped going to, the mod of the site said she had decades of study of the "other side" and a few published books, but she concludes by her studies that there is no sex or intimacy on the other side. I don't know what to do or say anymore. The doctrine of the churches never helped either.

I want to be able to go to the beach together up there, I want there to be other couples and relationships up there too. We would still swear, envy, and have all the other emotions that we have as Earthly humans.

I just wish I could get all the sex/love on Earth while I still can, but I feel like I've been disadvantaged to the point where it makes it significantly harder and slower to find a girlfriend. :(

If I could get a job, car, girlfriend, and flash-forward my progress with the wave of a wand, I would.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:12 pm

The christian concept of the afterlife sounds very boring to me. In fact, it sounds like hell to me.

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2017, 9:13 pm

All we can do is hope we don't wake up and find out this world is just a simulation and we're actually brains in boxes. That might be pretty cool if I could get a cyborg body with superhuman strength and speed though.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 8:32 am

Well...

You can always convert to Islam. In Islam they have a more earthy and more sensual heaven.

If you're a guy you get 49 virgins.

And if you're a gal you get the equivalent: an eternal shoe shopping spree at Nordstrom's.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 11:30 am

Just reincarnate. This way you will have countless chances to get a job, car and girlfriend and you probably won't be autistic anymore at least in some of the future lives.
Who said you have to go to heaven or hell?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 1:32 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I don't drive a car or have a job, and missed opportunities to develop as a person years since HS ended. I want my afterlife to be able to touch and feel, see, hear and, breathe. I want to be able to develop myself as a person in the afterlife as I did on this Earth. I want to date beautiful women and maybe even have a long-term partner.

I want to be able to go to the beach together up there, I want there to be other couples and relationships up there too. We would still swear, envy, and have all the other emotions that we have as Earthly humans.

I just wish I could get all the sex/love on Earth while I still can, but I feel like I've been disadvantaged to the point where it makes it significantly harder and slower to find a girlfriend. :(

If I could get a job, car, girlfriend, and flash-forward my progress with the wave of a wand, I would.

I feel that the many who believe like this, are making a mistake in doing so----and, it seems that they are making this mistake, because they can't seem to wrap their head around what I and others believe to be a fact, that we won't have the same thoughts and desires, and so-forth, that we do, on earth; and, I can understand that it is, sometimes, difficult to fathom something that we haven't experienced, but.....

How 'bout this..... Are there not things in this life, for which you have no desire? I feel EVERYBODY has those----and, if we could just imagine that being applied to EVERYTHING (meaning, we would have NO desire / need for ANYTHING), I think we could come closer to imagining what the afterlife, might be like.

Also, I'm thinking we would find peace and love and joy, etc., in everything, so we wouldn't be "bored", or have a need to "develop as a person", etc., because the whole idea, IMO, is that we will be 100 percent content in how we feel about the afterlife / things in the afterlife.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 2:56 pm

If my afterlife isn't a continuation of me playing my favorite games, watching my favorite shows and movies, and listening to my favorite music, then don't even bother.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

WitlessWit
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm

Why would you think there is any afterlife?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 8:26 pm

It'll be whatever it'll be - or not be - regardless of what you want.

To that end, in one way, it's fruitless to worry about but at the same time it might be worth your while researching the likelihood of whatever scenarios you're entertaining before you get too stressed out or dejected over them.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

i'm convinced there is a layer of the afterlife with all earthly pleasures amplified and clarified, better than anything down on this hellworld we call earth. more than one person [either via mediumistic communication or from an OOBE-er] saying words to the effect, that heaven makes "lifestyles of the rich and famous" seem like poverty.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 6:46 am

A lady teacher in college said "I never understood Heaven. Its supposed to be the place where you get to do anything you want. But everything pleasureable that I would want to do would cause me to be sent straight to Hell."

So it's a paradox, and a conundrum.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:19 am

I was under the assumption that some "earthly" "moral" rules wouldn't apply in Heaven.

Even if orgies were available, though, I probably wouldn't want to partake constantly.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:08 am

I'm hoping that if there is an afterlife, it is some kind of state of being where things are exactly what makes that individual person feel happiest or most fulfilled, and devoid of any of the negatives we found in life on earth.

I imagine a place that doesn't have "time" the way we conceive it, so there wouldn't necessarily be boredom.

If mine has no animals there with me I'll be very upset and will want to see the manager. :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:19 am

There will be animals in Heaven. They go through the Pearly Gates the same as humans.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:26 am

I hope so! My very definition of Heaven is: Animals. :) :cat: :nemo: :elephant: :rendeer: :albino:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Jul 2017, 11:06 am

I agree with you, BiF. What a dull place it'd be without animals.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/