Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 4:46 am

My parents have been away in the Republic of Ireland for the past two days and return today. Anyway, before they went away my mum prepared me a shepherd's pie. I was supposed to have it for last night's tea but we never actually got round to having it - the last meal I had yesterday being lunch. So this morning I go into the kitchen, heat up the shepherd's pie, open a tin of baked beans and heat them. So there I was at 10:30am in the morning having shepherd's pie and baked beans for breakfast! How odd!

Feel free to post similar stories below.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 4:54 am

Sounds like a good breakfast to me :)

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 4:56 am

I just can't make decisions on what to have for meals and things. When my wife was working away at weekends, I took the kids for Fast Food, because I just couldn't decide what to make or how to overcome my procrastination. :lol: Hey - the kids loved me for it :D

By the way Tequila, no Theakstons with that meal? :wink: Sorry, just joking.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 4:59 am

Don't have any left and the pub isn't open yet. And it is just a little early to start opening beer bottles... ;)

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 5:02 am

Tequila wrote:
Don't have any left and the pub isn't open yet. And it is just a little early to start opening beer bottles... ;)

It's always happy hour somewhere!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 May 2007, 5:54 pm

Beef casserole for breakfast, YUM YUM YUM :!: :!: :!:
Sometimes I'm too lazy to make oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, so I'll zap a
can of pork-n-beans in the microwave for breakfast. Just stay away from
me for the rest of the day!! :P :P :P

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 5:59 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
Tequila wrote:

It's always happy hour somewhere!

No kidding.

A couple beers and half a cold pizza is the breakfast of champions where I'm from.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 9:09 pm

Sounds good to me!

MeshGearFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2007, 4:08 am

That's not odd at all. I work a graveyard shift and I'm always in the mood for a cheeseburger in the morning. I offened this girl at work a couple of weeks ago for refusing to eat the donuts she brought in at 6am because I didn't want to spoil my dinner!

It's now 5:30am and I just had a delicious Tuna, lettuce, tomato hero. Yum-yum.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 4:31 am

Cold pizza for breakfast is the food of kings. No question, no debate. It just is. :D

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 May 2007, 7:33 pm

i pretty much cook whatever i want. my mom wont do anything for me really wich is good. i only signed a years lease with her so in a year im going to move out on my own.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 8:41 am

LOL. When I first lived on my own, I just pretty much ate brown rice or pasta with tobasco sauce and ketchup for about two months. I also used to buy one bottle of washing up liquid and used it for shampoo, shower gel and for washing the dishes.

Miranda
Raven
Raven

29 May 2007, 9:50 am

Tequila wrote:
Cold pizza for breakfast is the food of kings. No question, no debate. It just is. :D

I'm a freak; I can't eat pizza unless it's hot. I can't wait till lunch because that's what I'm planning to make!

TRUE
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2007, 12:38 pm

I don't know who made the rules for meals, but I see no reason to follow them. I think it might have come from what was available. Like eggs and milk being in the morning, because that might have been when one would gather the eggs and milk the cows. We don't have to do that now with a grocery store nearby.

And if we live alone, buying a big anything means we have to use it up or it will go to waste. So if you get a roast or a gallon of milk, it has to be consumed rather fast on a daily basis.

I like to get extra bean burritos when I go to Taco Bell, because I like those cold for breakfast too. Sometimes I'll microwave a few potatoes for breakfast. It depends on what I have and if I feel like eating in the morning. I often eat once a day, at night.

Although I have been on a food and sleep binge for about four days. So tired. So hungry. I think all the stress from the past year or so caught up with me and my body just has to recover.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 3:30 pm

Hearty breakfasts are the best meal of the day!

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2007, 3:52 pm

I just eat what ever I feel like at the time, regardless of the time of day. Normally cheese. Cold cheese pizza is nice for breakfast.