Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 3:34 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
The concept of fasces comes from ancient Rome, although, I would like to think that natural rights are universal. Lincoln suspended those of civilians.

The Confederacy in fact slaughtered whole Pro-Union communities with their borders. I think I prefer Lincoln's policy.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 4:19 pm

Moving plantation labor, south of the border.

Black people find this stuff in the Library of Congress, yet you still haven't outgrown the belief that Lincoln was a sjw.

When black people suffer, in jurisdictions, which have been leftist, for 50-100yrs, it's fair to ask whether liberals practice what they preach.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Moving plantation labor, south of the border.

Black people find this stuff in the Library of Congress, yet you still haven't outgrown the belief that Lincoln was a sjw.

When black people suffer, in jurisdictions, which have been leftist, for 50-100yrs, it's fair to ask whether liberals practice what they preach.

No one said Lincoln was perfect. And he was no SJW, either.
As I stated before, Lincoln at the end of his life had realized whites had to accept blacks living next to them, with full rights. So no, there was no plan to send blacks south of the border.
Blacks have suffered in leftist jurisdictions? How so? Last time I checked, those southern states were run by the far right of what had been the Democratic party.
And yes, liberals do practice what they preach, as they were the ones who pressed for the end of segregation, and for civil rights legislation. Today, it's ultra conservative red states that are disenfranchising poor and black voters with their idiot voter fraud laws.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 8:29 am

They complained of going barefoot, when their president sent more jobs overseas and imported more foreigners. There is a meme in which Detroit is compared to Hiroshima.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLs8yxTVAAAjgyP.jpg
https://i.redd.it/82e8nd9pyt6y.jpg

The rest is just flippant. You made it up, on the spot.

There is no revelation, in which racist Lincoln turns over a new leaf. Voter ID (and, fwiw, literacy laws) are not racist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 10:48 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
They complained of going barefoot, when their president sent more jobs overseas and imported more foreigners. There is a meme in which Detroit is compared to Hiroshima.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLs8yxTVAAAjgyP.jpg
https://i.redd.it/82e8nd9pyt6y.jpg

The rest is just flippant. You made it up, on the spot.

There is no revelation, in which racist Lincoln turns over a new leaf. Voter ID (and, fwiw, literacy laws) are not racist.

I did not make anything up on the spot.
Detroit and other American cities are declining to the point of no return because politically conservative, capitalist corporations had pulled out, rather than continue to pay their workers a good wage with benefits. Those corporations consider money to be of more worth than their employees, their employee's families, and their communities.
As those ID laws mostly affect black and poor voters, they are racist, as they were meant obviously to target those who don't vote Republican. And literacy tests aren't racist?!?! Are you serious? If they're not, why did they target blacks, but leave illiterate crackers alone?
Again, you keep harping on Lincoln, but make no mention of the slavery defending Confederates. Why don't you?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:23 am

Those too-big-to-fails are not an example of the free market, some of the first to hire quota cases, from the deep South. You've lost track of why it's important to be competitive, so bad, that not even the Weimar Republic or Holodomor looked like that. Shame on you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Those too-big-to-fails are not an example of the free market, some of the first to hire quota cases, from the deep South. You've lost track of why it's important to be competitive, so bad, that not even the Weimar Republic or Holodomor looked like that. Shame on you.

Oh, shame on me for blaspheming against the holy invisible hand of the free market! Oh, woe is me!
When capitalism enriches just the few at the expense of the many, due to the pretext of being "competitive," then capitalism has failed. Maybe if those Goddamn executives and CEOs didn't feel they needed million dollar salaries, along with their golden parachutes if they fail, then their companies would be a bit more competitive.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 10:01 am

Businesses can't enrich themselves, at the expense of the many, without onerous market controls. They would have to be cost-competitive and provide a better value, leading to innovation. People devolve, under leftism. You just saw photographic evidence.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Businesses can't enrich themselves, at the expense of the many, without onerous market controls. They would have to be cost-competitive and provide a better value, leading to innovation. People devolve, under leftism. You just saw photographic evidence.

By market controls, are you blaming regulations? Because those regulations prevent exploitation and harm from being done to both workers and consumers by business. And the fact of the matter is, before there were those regulations, the workplace, and the market place were plain dangerous for said workers and consumers.
This idea of an idylic world of unregulated capitalism benefitting all never was, and never will be. Business has always worked employees as much as possible, with as little pay as possible. Greed on businesses part is the cause of that urban desolation, as they had betrayed their workers for the sake of "staying competitive" by paying workers in either so called right to work states, or the third world literally starvation wages. Countries in western Europe provide excellent wages and benefits, all the while having taxation and regulations, and so there's no reason why we can't, too.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 1:45 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
By market controls, are you blaming regulations?

That is correct.

Anything short of false advertising or directly killing a person. And, usually, I'm willing to say that's their own fault -- like the really cool (dangerous) toy they used have at the good playground.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 4:49 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:
By market controls, are you blaming regulations?

That is correct.

Anything short of false advertising or directly killing a person. And, usually, I'm willing to say that's their own fault -- like the really cool (dangerous) toy they used have at the good playground.

Again, those regulation provide safety for workers and consumers that we all take for granted today.
And why would it be the consumer's fault? He or she has no idea if shortcuts were taken in preparation of food, medicine, or any other product that could be hazardous to one's health, or doesn't live up to promises made. Regulations provide a safe workplace for employees, preventing injury and death.
Business has proven time and time again that they need rules to stick to the straight and narrow, as they seem more concerned with making money than with safety measures.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Business has proven time and time again that they need rules to stick to the straight and narrow, as they seem more concerned with making money than with safety measures.

friedmacguffins wrote:
Anything short of false advertising or directly killing a person.

When something is legitimately junk, let's see how long people keep buying that, or keep supporting the point of sale, when they are not coerced to pay, under the ultimate threat of force.

Will you know that something is cheap, awful crap, and keep buying it, on purpose?

If you don't support the too-big-to-jail, you can be caged at gunpoint. They'll sell off public utilities and nature preserves, to prop-up corporate welfare.

If you don't support the small businessman, he gets his comeuppance. You know him by name, first and last, and he will have ruined it. He won't be allowed to borrow any more money, for at least 7 years.

Probably, just for the sake of conversation, you are not appreciating that something can be bad or unsafe, and you can be forced to buy it anyway. You can suffer from market controls, too.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:17 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

friedmacguffins wrote:
Anything short of false advertising or directly killing a person.

When something is legitimately junk, let's see how long people keep buying that, or keep supporting the point of sale, when they are not coerced to pay, under the ultimate threat of force.

Will you know that something is cheap, awful crap, and keep buying it, on purpose?

If you don't support the too-big-to-jail, you can be caged at gunpoint. They'll sell off public utilities and nature preserves, to prop-up corporate welfare.

If you don't support the small businessman, he gets his comeuppance. You know him by name, first and last, and he will have ruined it. He won't be allowed to borrow any more money, for at least 7 years.

Probably, just for the sake of conversation, you are not appreciating that something can be bad or unsafe, and you can be forced to buy it anyway. You can suffer from market controls, too.

If those shoddy products are the only ones on the market, or are the only affordable ones, then there isn't much any of us can do without federal intervention.
And even if the consumers stop buying dangerous products eventually, how many people have to suffer before that happens?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:38 pm

How many people suffer, before a federally-endorsed product or nationalized business is ruined. It is never allowed to fail, at any cost.

They're feeding you yoga mat and silly putty chemicals. Warning labels are surreal. Gaterapists. Human cell lines...

Considering past statements, which you have made, we could just inject it, directly into your blood stream, without protest, and everyone should be forced to participate, no matter what.

We can posit some specious safety concern, or it can be under the color of authority. To protect some minority. Think of the children. Have I left any out. Just want to be inclusive.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 9:48 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
How many people suffer, before a federally-endorsed product or nationalized business is ruined. It is never allowed to fail, at any cost.

They're feeding you yoga mat and silly putty chemicals. Warning labels are surreal. Gaterapists. Human cell lines...

Considering past statements, which you have made, we could just inject it, directly into your blood stream, without protest, and everyone should be forced to participate, no matter what.

We can posit some specious safety concern, or it can be under the color of authority. To protect some minority. Think of the children. Have I left any out. Just want to be inclusive.

I think you're losing track of the discussion. Now, I intend to enjoy the rest of my father's Day.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 2:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

I think you're losing track of the discussion. Now, I intend to enjoy the rest of my father's Day.

Happy father's day Kraichgauer
I have to wait till Sept 3 for mine!!