Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

abhma13
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jun 2017, 10:29 pm

So. It's been a while since I've lasted posted here, and before that every now and then I was always talking about my struggles here and there.

Two years ago, I was a 20 year old guy struggling emotionally and having serious bouts of depression. Ostracized in high school, failed my IB Diploma, a whole lot of things were going wrong in my life. I never got along well with my family, I was always confused about things here and there, and I can name a whole lot more. I lost several good nights of sleep, I was always upset, and it just seemed like there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

I could have indulged in anything to cope with my pain, but the moment I started indulging in junk food as comfort, was a perfect sign that the universe is watching over me and that I'm meant for bigger and better things. Had I ventured into anything else, I'd have ended up far more worse.

If there's anything I've learned out of all the negative people in my life, they've all taught me all the things I shouldn't be. I've become a bigger, better and stronger person by being exposed to these people. To tell you the truth, I honestly don't even care if the world will accept me for being an Aspie for not because what matters is that I'm far from perfect and I'll never ever fit in 100% anywhere.

Just when I thought life was getting worse, I realized that there are things that I am living for and that I can still make do with what I have. In the words of Stephen Hawking, "No matter how bad life may seem, there's always something you're good at".

In recent years, I've reconciled with my family, I've been learning all kinds of different languages, been speaking my mind about a lot of political affairs and to name a few. In recent years, I still struggle with periods of depression but by now I've learned to overcome many of my issues and I'm getting along well and fine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 10:52 pm

Sounds cool to me...

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 3:27 am

Always nice to see someone doing better in this forum !
What languages are you learning, and why? I downloaded all these language apps on my phone - still haven't started.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 7:12 am

When you turn 35, you'll become....the Wolfman!

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 10:02 am

abhma13 wrote:
... I honestly don't even care if the world will accept me for being an Aspie or not because what matters is that I'm far from perfect and I'll never ever fit in 100% anywhere.

... there are things I am living for and I can still make do with what I have.

Exactly, and I commend your willingness and ability to learn and accept those facts I also know for myself. I do still have feelings of isolation and loneliness at times, but I would not want to give up or lose myself as I am just to try to get rid of those.

abhma13
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2017, 4:01 pm

C2V wrote:
Always nice to see someone doing better in this forum !
What languages are you learning, and why? I downloaded all these language apps on my phone - still haven't started.

I've been learning a multitude of languages, and I've just been fascinated with how diverse our world is.

abhma13
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2017, 4:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
When you turn 35, you'll become....the Wolfman!

What do you mean by "Wolfman?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 7:32 pm

I mean....that you will get even more confident when you're 35. I don't mean anything bad about it.

That's been my experience: the older I get, the more confident I get, the better I feel.