Low-dose Adderall - wish I had discovered this 15 years ago

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

A_Friendly_Cactus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2017, 10:10 am

In a nutshell I have major issues with social anxiety and executive function. I've been on so many meds over the years---Strattera, Ritalin, Vyvanase, Adderall (30mg regular and 30mg XR), klonopin, xanax. All "worked" but made me pretty much catatonic for a few weeks, or manic with a huge crash. So I stopped taking any meds for the last 3 years, but recently started taking Adderall again because my symptoms were so bad.

2 months ago got a prescription for Adderall 30mg, but this time I wanted to "ease" myself into it, so I've been biting them into thirds (10mg give or take). I've been taking 10mg as soon as I wake up and 10mg around lunch time. It's made so much of a difference it's unbelievable. My social anxiety has drastically reduced (I can have conversations with ease, I can leave the house to go do things, I actually look forward to socializing) and I am able to stay on task (something that has always been nearly impossible for me). My ASD isn't eradicated of course, but for the first time in my adult life I have hope that I will be able to achieve a stable future, so I'm over the moon. I have no idea why this dosage has a drastically different effect than taking 30mg XR all at once, but it's working so I won't question too much.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 10:14 am

Congratulations on the discovery!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 10:19 am

Congratulations! I keep thinking I'm going to hit on the miracle cure for myself -- haven't found it yet, but stories like this are always encouraging.

There Are Four Lights!

A_Friendly_Cactus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2017, 4:07 pm

BTDT wrote:
Congratulations on the discovery!

Thanks so much! Fingers crossed that it continues to work! :D

A_Friendly_Cactus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2017, 4:09 pm

Darmok wrote:
Congratulations! I keep thinking I'm going to hit on the miracle cure for myself -- haven't found it yet, but stories like this are always encouraging.

Thanks; I really hope you are able to find something that works. Just the hope alone of things getting better is worth so much.